7. Stupid Brain

The following evening Teal sat in bed after a restless day

The following evening Teal sat in bed after a restless day. All the excitement, accomplishments and joys experienced the night before, vanished being able to sleep but a wink that morning. Her head pounded from zombie knows what. It had never hurt before. 

Maybe I am dying? She groaned.

Living too much in one night can do that to a girl, she determined and plopped her head back unto the pillow. Placing the palms of her hands over both eyes, Teal concluded she should've stayed home reading her books in the dark living vicariously through others. She reminded herself that mo-de-ra-tion, baby steps, and no alcohol, would work best next time she went out ... 

If there ever is a next time, she rolled her eyes and swung her legs over the edge of her bed.

Not wanting to get out of her chambers for the rest of her life, Teal analyzed the evening play by play. Frustration set in. She was smart. Smarter than the way she acted, she knew that much. She didn't regret kissing the males, in fact, she regretted not having done it before and wasting so much time. 

That said, with Daniel, she took an opportunity to get a kiss or two under her belt. Erase her inexperience. She had not planned on Marc. Someone who gallantly saved her from the bad, dumb zombie and then dared brand his kiss on her brain. He'd ruined her and the chance any other zombie had at measuring up to the way he kissed her. Teal hadn't expected to be affected differently and was certain she now did not want to experience it with anyone else. 

Even though they hadn't spoken long, their conversation had been witty and funny. He did not mince words and it didn't hurt she found him so damn attractive. Teal couldn't believe she kissed him, not only after he saw her with someone else and intervened, but immediately after her tongue had been down someone else's throat.

Pathetic. I hope I never see him again ... Neither of them.

Until yesterday, she never had. Perhaps that meant both would be easy to avoid. Daniel, more than Mark. Someday she could go back to the club on his days off. Shaking her head she concluded, the first time out had not been her shining moment, but it sure as heck, had been fun.

So much fun. A mischievous smile carved her lips.

Sharing a night with Samantha and Jax had been worth it. It didn't matter if she had an argument with the owner of the only bar around for miles. He was nothing in her life. Nothing to her. She went a little crazy, got drunk, kissed a few strangers... So what? Was that so bad?

Teal rubbed her face with her hand. Yes, it was actually ghastly. 

Especially, when she jumped down Marc's throat after he unselfishly helped her. He didn't deserve that. He'd tried to lend her a hand. It was she, who took advantage of him. Not the other way around. Teal determined it'd be a full year before she ever showed her face out in the open again.