Chapter 7

"Meg?!" Dean shouted as he gave Sam an incredulous look. "Have you completely lost it?"

"I'm not seeing another option here Dean." Sam argued back with a huff; this wasn't a foreign reaction to him. "We can't call Crowley because we're kind of at war with him so Meg is our best lead. She could know more about this than we do." He pointed out firmly. Sam knew that Dean had every right to be pissed off at Meg after everything she's done to them over the years but Sam knew that they had to put their hatred aside if they wanted answers.

"How so?" Dean questioned as he moved to Damon's trolley for a much needed drink. "Meg only worked with us because Cas gave her protection against Crowley. When I got blasted to monster land with Cas, there is a huge chance that Crowley snatched up Meg too. For all we know, she could be dead."He firmly pointed out before he downed a glass of bourbon, only to have Damon there ready with another one for him. Dean nodded his thanks but he didn't take a sip of his new drink.

Sam turned to face Dean in his new spot by Damon. "Or she could just be a hostage and if we summon her, she would be in debt to us. She'd have to help us." He argued back.

Dean scoffed. "No demon in their right mind would help us of all people." He declared before he took a sip of his drink.

"The same could be said for vampires and yet here we are." Sam rebutted back with a wave of his arm as he gestured towards the Salvatore brothers. Neither vampire took offense to it; they knew it was difficult enough for a hunter to side with a thing they were trained to hunt down and destroy.

"I'm sorry but did you just say demon?" Bonnie interrupted as she looked between the hunters. She (and everyone else) was still hung up on Dean's mention of 'monster land' before the brothers revealed just why Dean was against summoning Meg...because she was a demon.

The Winchesters paused in their argument to nod at Bonnie. It was also a good time for them to realize that they had an audience for their current argument. They were so use to arguing in private or in front of people they actually knew better. Then again, that's what you get when dealing with brothers.

The witch's eyes widened at the confirmation. She had read about demons in her Grams' grimoire and they were described as beings that shouldn't be messed with. "You want to summon a demon...here?" Bonnie sputtered out, as if she couldn't wrap her head around the Winchesters' next move.

Sam gave Bonnie a quick nod before he focused back on his brother again. "Demons are one of three things that I know for certain that can possess humans. She could have more information about that." He reminded Dean as he watched for any signs of what his brother was thinking.

Dean continued to stare into his glass as he thought over Sam's points. He knew that his brother was right and yet he didn't want to make themselves vulnerable again by putting their trust in Meg. If they had more time, Dean figured that they could figure out what exactly is inside Alaric yet that was the issue...they didn't have a lot of time. It also didn't help that Dean was getting this cocky look from Damon as if he was telling the hunter that they could take a measly demon down.

Dean sighed, which was enough of a sign for Sam to finish this argument once and for all. "You know I'm right Dean. We can't waste any more time arguing about this. You said so yourself that Klaus is on his way here and we need to know if this incident is connected to Klaus or not."

Dean exhaled deeply as he handed his glass to Damon, who didn't hesitate to finish the drink off (he wasn't going to waste his own liquor).

"I really don't like this." Dean declared as he turned to face Sam and the rest of the room's occupants. Luckily for him, they decided to remain quiet during this disagreement.