Chapter 11

"I can't believe how much of a packrat the Salvatores were." Elena exclaimed as she rummaged through the boxes that Stefan had retrieved for them before he went to check on Alaric. Elena couldn't believe how much sixties outfits were in each box.

"You're deflecting." Bonnie stated from her spot in Stefan's room. She was rummaging through her own box as she helped Elena look for an outfit. They had already decided on Bonnie's outfit for the dance during their search.

Elena sighed. "Can you really blame me?" She asked as she looked up to see her best friend staring back at her now.

"No but I'm here to listen Elena." Bonnie reminded her as she closed the box up.

Elena nodded. "I know that."

"Then how are you really doing?" Bonnie softly asked as she made her way towards Elena. Once it was just the two of them in Stefan's room, Elena had confessed to Bonnie about her connection to Dean after Bonnie had ensured her that their privacy wouldn't be interrupted. She didn't want to undo all the trouble Dean and Isobel had caused in hiding her true paternity.

Elena shrugged before she turned and allowed herself to lean against the table she was closest to. "I don't know. I mean I just told John last night that I was willing to have him in my life after everything and yet now...now I find out that he's not even my father." She still didn't know what to think about Dean being her biological father.

"Does he know?" Bonnie questioned after a few moments. She couldn't believe the news but she kept her thoughts to herself and continued to show her support to her best friend.

"I don't think he does." Elena stated as she moved her hand to grip the back of her neck. "Before today, only Isobel and Dean knew the truth. They went through a lot of trouble to keep it that way."

Bonnie gave an understanding nod. "I would assume to keep you safe."

Elena exhaled deeply at the thought before she resumed her outfit search.

"What else did he say?" Bonnie asked as she joined Elena's search once again.

Elena pursed her lips as she decided on how much to tell Bonnie. "Not much except it did leave me with a lot more questions to ask him." She confessed as this one purple outfit caught her eye.

"I'm sure you'll get your answers to them eventually." Bonnie reassured her best friend as she pulled out this orange and white outfit from the box. "For now, let's just have fun at the dance." She declared before she showed Elena the dress she just pulled out.

In the end, Elena chose the purple hippie dress to wear to the dance.

"Why exactly are we at Ric's place?" Damon questioned the Winchesters as they entered Alaric's apartment building. Since Alaric was currently unconscious, Damon had to lead the brothers to the home of Klaus' former host. It was safe to assume that while assuming the teacher's identity that he was also using his possessions as well.

Dean rolled his eyes as he ventured up the steps behind Damon. "Klaus must have left something inside on where his body was coming from. We're here to find it." He reminded the vampire with Sam right behind him, who's remained quiet during their journey since he was still wary of their vampire companion.

Damon shrugged. "If you say so but I won't be much help to you." He confessed and when he heard no movements following him, he turned around and saw quizzical looks on both their faces. "Since I haven't been invited in yet." He elaborated until he saw realization dawn on Dean's face while Sam had a perplexing expression on his face.

"That part of the lore applies to you guys?" Sam questioned since the vampires he was used to don't have invitation limitations.

"Unfortunately yes. It's annoying." Damon whined before he continued his trek upstairs.