I promise

This is part 2 to 'Pain and sorrow'

Song above is 'Brave' from the shadowhunters soundtrack in episode 2x18 I think

Enjoy :)

Word count: 1410
---------
~3rd person~

Alec walked through the short cut to Magnus' apartment he used to take months back, slightly dragging his feet on the scuffed up sidewalk.

Soon he was met with an all too familiar door. He didn't even enter yet and memories started flowing back into his mind. Taking a big deep breath, he unlocked the door with Magnus' old key and walked in.

Instantly the smell hit him. The mix of Magnus' cologne and the red roses that sat in a small vase on the countertop.

Alec tried so hard to keep the tears in as he walked over to the vase and gently touched the rose petals. It still smelt and looked as fresh as the day Alec got them for Magnus. When he presented them to his loving warlock, he adored them. So much so that he cast a forever lasting spell on them so they would never wilt or die.

Alec smiled as he continued to look around the abandoned apartment. It all looked the same to Alec, besides the layer of dust on everything.

His bed dishevelled with his slippers close by the side. His spell books scattered around the living room, none being in there rightful place.

His favourite cocktail glasses and mixer all laid out on the small coffee table by a sofa. Pictures of them together hanging around the place along with older pictures taken centuries ago of Magnus and his good friend Ragnor.

Alec wouldn't dare move anything. He could never bring himself to even sell the place.

Every time he'd visit, he found himself talking to nothing but an empty void, or rather, Magnus' spirit. It gave him a sense of comfort when he'd talk out loud even though he wasn't really there.

Alec walked over to the sofa and took a seat, dust flying everywhere. He sighed, wiping a stray tear from his burning eyes.

"H-hey Magnus..." He spoke.

Nobody replied, he expected so.

"I know it's been awhile, hope you can hear me.." He added, the soft whistling of the summer wind blowing through the open window.

"I miss you" he let out a tiny whimper.

He looked down at his bandaged wrists, sighing.

"I'm sorry if you seen what happened with me and Jace earlier today...I promised him I'd stop"

He looked around at his surroundings, resting his chin on his closed fists.

"I'm sorry for letting you down, I'm sorry I w-wasn't there" he hiccuped on a sob.

"Ugh c'mon Alec, no more ugly crying, stop it" he said out loud to himself, slapping his cheeks and taking a breath.

"Oh who am I kidding, you can't hear me. I'm just being weak and pathetic" he admitted, putting his head in his hands.

"You are not" an echoey voice spoke.

Alec quickly jumped up from the sofa, with his seraph blade at the ready, wide eyed.

"W-who said that?" He asked, looking around.