Heart break

Rose's P O V

I woke up to sirens and Josh shaking me. "Rose!" He yelled with tears and concern streaming from his eyes. "Babe? I said. "You need to come downstairs" he said. "Did?...did something happen?" I asked. "Come" he said pulling me out of the bed and down the stairs. "Josh?!" I asked getting scared. He opened the door and lead me outside. I saw police and my mom's friend. "Um..what's going on?" I asked. "It's gonna be alright babe" Josh said. "Just cut the crap what is it?!" I said getting really upset. The brunette called Iris Jackson walked towards me towering over me. She placed one hand around me and lead me to a corner. "I'm so sorry right about now I don't want to tell you...but you must know...your...p-parents p-passed away in a car crash" she said as she began crying. "what?" I asked stepping away from her and shaking my head. "no...no it's a lie...their alive...I feel them!" I yelled as I ran back to my house and closed the door. "Rose!" Josh yelled from the other side of the door. "No!" I yelled and I trashed the glass on the floor sending splitters everywhere. "They aren't dead!!" I yelled. I took my sword and sliced the table in half with all my might. I took my bat and trashed the TV yelling in pain. "Rose this is Iris open the door" she said. I dropped the bat to the floor and sat in front of the door. I didn't want to let them in but I didn't want to appear rude or crazy rehab is not for me. I stood up and opened the door. She ran towards me and held me in a tight embrace. "Since you don't have anywhere to stay wouldn't you like to stay with me?" She asked and I looked up at her. "You would have to be adopted or anything just stay until you feel like leaving" she said. "Thanks but my home is here" I said. "It was your mom's will that you stay with me...she told me from a very long time that if anything should go wrong with her you could stay with me" she said.

I looked up into her hazel coloured eyes. "I'll get my stuff" I said. I walked up the stairs not ready to leave my home. "Rose" Josh said as he arrived at my bedroom door. "It's my fault Josh" I said sobbing. "Babe no" he said as he walked over and held me as though I was about to vanish. " I didn't call them to find out I just left them" I said. "None of this is your fault" he said. "Okay" he said and I nodded as he caressed my hair. "You'll be alright" he said. "I'm going to live with Iris" I said. "I know babe I'll come visit you" he said. "Are you coming  with me?" I asked. "Yes babe I would never leave your side" he said. I was very happy that he was with me. He came over and placed his lips on mine and I wrapped my arm around his neck. Soon we parted because of the need for oxygen. I made sure my sword was in the bag. You all must be wondering what is a girl like me doing with a sword. I'm an assassin. My father began training me from the day I began high school which we got a test called assassination which was were I met Josh but he isn't one and I don't understand how. He isn't an assassin but yet still he was in the school. I was broken out of my thoughts when Josh appeared. "You ready?" He asked. "I just need to grab a few more things" I said. I took my gun, grenades, bombs, knives, bullets and my sword case. The sword was given to me by my dad.
FLASH BACK.

Dad: take this my child.

Me: Dad what's this?

Dad: this is a sword, and only a true assassin can carry this sword my child.

Me: I will carry this sword with honor.

Dad: I know you will.

FLASH BACK ENDS.

I placed everything in my bag quickly before anyone could see. Not even Josh knows about the sword. But I know that anytime I carry it I feel more than powerful. I took all my remaining bags and ran downstairs. "Let me take that" Iris said. "Thanks Miss Iris" I said. "Please call me Iris" she said. "Okay" I said faintly smiling. As I walked out she took my key and closed the door that was my life. She carried the bags to her car and placed them in the trunk. "You coming?" She asked. "Give me a minute please" I said. I turned and looked at my beautiful home that had been destroyed by the death of my parents. It is now broken. Warm tears began to flow on my cheeks and I quickly wiped them away. I wish it was me who died. I turned on my heels and walked to the car. Josh was already in the back seat and I hopped in and closed the door buckling my seat belt. Right about now I hate cars and myself. As Iris hopped into the car the police left. "Iris" I said as she started the car. "yes Rose" she acknowledged. I took in a deep breath and placed my hand on her shoulder. "drive carefully" I said and she looked me in the eyes. "you don't have to be afraid" she said. "I'm not" I said plainly. As an assassin I should not be afraid. She pulled out of the driveway way and I took one last look at my home and my heart was broken. As we drove the sun began to set and I looked out the window trying to let it go, let my feelings out but I couldn't. I can remember yesterday when she was playing with me and now where are they. A couple minutes later we pulled up at the house and it was slightly larger than mine. "How many people live here?" I asked and they both laughed. "Well the others might be in bed so in the morning you'll meet everyone and none of them know I was carrying anyone home, but when I got the call about your parents I came straight for you" she said. I lowered my head in sadness and she wrapped her arms around me. "You'll laugh again" she said. And I looked up at her and smiled weakly forcing that smile. Inside I felt like ending my life but for Josh I'm all he's got. His dad treats him like a dog and his mom is no where to be found many people thinks that his dad killed her. I sighed and grabbed my bags with my deadly weapons and followed Iris as Josh followed me.