Chapter 40- P-R-O-M-?

Rider

It's been a week since Michael and Rob have been back together. So we're celebrating their one week anniversary. Ash invited Emilee so she could hang out with us. I wasn't sure about it until I saw Emilee play GTA and Far Cry, she's got a gift. I helped her create her own save slot and then went back to Michael.

"Hey, thanks for the party Rider." Michael said.

"I have a question."

"Shoot man, you know we love you even if you're gay." Michael said slurring through the sentence.

"No I'm not, and you're drunk." I replied.

"There's no shame man, we all tried it at least once." Michael said dropping his red plastic cup.

"Shut up, prom's coming up and I don't know how to ask her."

"Just say it brah, brah, brah, do you like even lift brah." Michael started blabbering.

"Michael SHUT UP! Rob please help me." I yelled

"Michael says you're the girl in the relationship, there's no shame in that, do something sweet. Get a hotel room afterwards, it sucks driving all the way back." Rob replied.

Michael dropped to the floor because Rob dropped him, "Get her a gift." He says.

"I don't want to ask her like that?"

"Come on get a pandora bracelet spell Prom? on it and she'll say yes, it's easy and I know you're not short on cash."

"She doesn't know about it, I want to keep it that way."

"Why, so she doesn't get greedy?"

"No it's just I want to be able to spoiler her and make it feel like she's being splurged on not that we have more than enough to waste and that it should be an everyday thing. Could you give me some more ideas?"

"Sure if you want. I asked my girlfriend on the ocean when we left for our one year anniversary, we went to Florida and I put the note in a bottle filled with some sand and dropped it in the ocean and we walked down the beach and she found it."

"That's kind of girlish."

"But she loved it, the point is don't be afraid of being feminine it works better sometimes."

I nodded my head and went by Emilee.

"What's your favorite game?" I asked.

"I like Far Cry."

"I haven't tried that one yet."

"It's really cool, you have a tattoo and it shows your skill level." She replied smiling.

"I have to start playing that then."

--

Monday rolled around and we were having a standardized test in English. I pulled out a pen and then started the test.

"I accidently marked my test in pen can I have a new one?" I asked.

My teacher rolled her eyes and Ash giggled to herself. We didn't have English together but this was a state test so there were three classes in the study hall room. I was given a new sheet and when I finished the test I was excused to go to a study hall. I take my pencil and pull out the scantron that I 'accidentally' had written on with pen. I had marked it up and constantly looked at the door in case Ash was going to come in. I finished and put into my art folder, I got up and asked to be excused and went to the teachers lounge. I found Mark sitting in there, he was a friend of my moms before the accident.

"Rider, what's up?"

"Can you put this into the grading machine for scantrons?" I asked.

"Shouldn't your teacher be bringing this to me?" He asked taking it hesitantly.

"This is actually a mess up test, I wrote on it with pen. That's what I told my teacher. I need it marked up though." I turned it to show him what I was doing and he smiled.

"Creative. Wait here it'll be done in a few seconds." I follow him to a machine and he turns it on. It takes a minute until he starts pushing a button and the machine eats up the test. "F." He said smiling.

I take the test, "Thank you so much Mark." I said hugging him.

"Hey, if you need someone to talk to or just want to hang out, maybe even ditch a class you're always welcome here." He smiles.

I thank him and leave I go back to the library and find Ash sitting at the same table I was at. As I approached she smiled and I sat down next to her.

"She's taking them to the scanner room and she'll have them back to use at the end of the hour." Ash explained. I checked the clock and we had 50 minutes until the next class. We were given two hours to take the test and have it graded. The teacher comes back with a large stack of scantrons.

"The first 20 names I call can't keep their tests because I didn't get them in the grade book." She announces. Ash and I weren't called, "The following names can keep their tests." The rest of the class was called. The final bell rang and some people handed back their tests but Ash and I walked out of the library and through the cafeteria. We walked into the parking lot and Ash leaned against my truck.

"What'd you get?" I asked.

"A+" She replied with her evil smirk.

I hold up the fake test and hand it to her, "F."

She doesn't look at it, she looked terrified for me. She grabbed it hesitantly and flipped it over. Her left arm dropped to her side, "Are you kidding me?"

I smiled.

"That was a state test, why would you waste the grade on this?" She asked hitting me with the paper.

"I'm not an idiot, I kept the scantron I wrote with a pen on. So, what's your answer?" On the scantron I had answered A,B,C,D or E and the dashes spelled out P-R-O-M-?

She was blushing and I only smiled in return.