unidentified.

sams

 "have you met taurtis, dale? it looked like you have" 

"yeah, i met him earlier, i think he forgot he met me? he looked at me as if i had never met him."

huh, odd. maybe it was just a misunderstanding, but why would a prince be so kind? he saved me.. but why was dale so skeptical of him? i feel like something is being hidden from me. 

dale pov

i dont know what to do. taurtis is only a few years older then sam, but i definatly saw him in that night, standing by the king, smiling. i dont know what hes plotting, but i cant let sam know no matter what happens. i should get sam back home though. he seems. . . dazed. if that bastard does anything- ANYTHING to my brother, hes dead. . no, thats an understatement. 

-back in the rooms- 

*beep* "hello residents awaiting for the ceremony! you may all be confused why you have been seeing humans abusing hybrids, but that is the punishment for things, or if you have seen prince taurtis and lie about never have seen him. but we can go into that later, for now you should all get rest, becuase tomorrow we are having two seperate ceremonies for hybrids and humans. diversity will change everything. youre escort has given you an extra bag with form fitted outfits for the academy. we humbly welcome you to our school," that sounds reassuring. . but they have almost everything here. "hey sam, would you mind helping me unpa-"

"oh, also, the preditors, prey, and humans will be in different buildings entirely, also by gender. so if you are currently with someone not of your own gender or race, please come outside with baggage in hand. there will also be a special drawing to see who the prince will be roomates with." 

"dale?" sam looks up at me with tears in his eyes. "i dont want to go away from you. ive lost everything already, and now i cant even be with you. . . what do we do?" this struck me . this reminded me so much of that day. i cant help. i never could. i. . dont know what to do. "dont worry sammy, big brother will figure everything out. its going to be okay. . " 

its not going to be okay, i dont know what to do and i sure as hell cant do anything. . i have nothing left. .. but i need to stay strong for sam. i grab my luggage and tell same to do the same. a small bag for both of us. you call that luggage, how pathetic.  i grab sams hand and walk out the building. some people stare, whilst others cry. we stand with a large mix of mice with cat people, or a prey clinging on a human. there was so much atmosphere i never thought i would see again. everyone was told to group with races and genders. i found other preditors, cats, eagles, wolfs, bears, and me. . i looked around. i saw another fox whom i decided to aproach. i cought his attention. "hey" 

"hey kiddo. whats up wich'ya?"

"uhm, i just feel tired and scared, and i thought you . . . looked nice . ." that last part was whispered.

"well kiddo, we can share a room! and dont worry about being scared, i can tell youre tough! ill protect you from the assholes. by the way, what kind of fox are ya?"

"im just a normal forest fox. . " i smiled a bit. the convorsation was a bit awkward, but it was making me feel better. 

"cool, im actually part arctic fox!" we chatted a bit more, but then i noticed that the prey group had already left. 

" you okay li'l buddy?"

"yeah. .  im just worried for somebody. ."

"ah, that happens a lot, dont worry, there are some community times. but till then i can help you around the joint. ." 

"im just worried that there isnt a person like you for him. . . "

sams pov

i walked near the end of the group. there were so many people. other bunnies, mice, squirrels, and deer. all of the other bunnies were gossiping, but i saw a . . lynx? he was closer to the back too.  he was trying to mingle with everyone possible. he finally gave in and just walked in the back of the group with me. "so, why arent you i  the predito group? 

"because i was to happy, or was it because i cant remember things, or-or it was it because i wouldnt attack that small animal, instead i chased after a butterfly and just about got ran over by a horse?" he looked down and it looked like he didnt have a soul for a second. . . "thats probably it" he looked up. "so, im a canadian lynx, and are you an arctic hare? or an albino rabbit?" 

"i dont know, i didnt get much of a chance to know my family."

-just a btw, you dont have to read everything the lynx says in this next paragraph---

"oh? did what happened to my family happen to yours?  my whole village got burned by the prince and his father. my mum managed to get out, but my two twin sisters and my twin brother. im the middle, but they all died with my dad who got shot before the village burnt, but my mom took me to a different place to shop for meat, but the system we follow to get home was disrupted, so we got lost and arrived too late. we would have died if it wasnt for the broken path. but if you want i can tell you about my siblings and dad, because i actually knew them quite wel-" and thats when i zoned out.