Chapter 3

Sherwin walked out of the doors of his school and looked down at his phone.

Meet me outside the school! -John

He looked around for his friend through the crowd of children going home and spotted the certain black haired boy leaning on a tree, looking off into the distance. Sherwin didn't walk up to him right away, but stood and looked at him from afar, a small smile tugging in the corner of his lips. Eventually he made his way through the other students to Johnathan. They smiled at each other while looking into one anothers eyes. 

"Well, Ready to go?" John smiled. Sherwin nodded, giving a shy smile back and they headed to the water park. 

-time skip-

The boys talked the entire walk their and even while entering the park. 

"So I told him to back off but he completely ignored me, so I grabbed the poor boy and ran." John explains as Sherwin listens beside him.

"Wow... I feel sorry for that kid. He has to deal with that jerk..." Sherwin says. John looked at him and smiled. 

"It's alright! I have people looking out for him at my old school. So he shouldn't have to worry anymore!" John laughed adding a small skip to his step as they approached the changing area. They both changed into their suits and walked out. "So, what do you want to do first?" John looked out over all the different areas. Sherwin shrugged and looked around.

"What about that one?" Sherwin pointed at the lazy river. Johnathan smiled while nodded, grabbed Sherwin's arm and dragged him over. They grabbed a double tube and John held it down so Sherwin could sit on one side. Then he jumped on the other, almost making Sherwin fall off if he hadn't held on. John laughed as they floated down the 'river', facing each other. The water just barely grazed their swim shorts until Sherwin attempted to shift into a more comfortable position and fell in. He rose for air and immediately heard the sound of Johnathan's laughter.

"Oh my gosh. Sher, are you okay?" John laughed while Sherwin struggled to get back up. John helped him and they sat in silence once again. 

"I haven't been to a water park in forever." Johnathan suddenly said while looking around at all the activities. Sherwin looked around, too, then back to John who was looking straight at him. Sherwin blushed and gave a small smile. 

"Well, I haven't either..." He shrugged. John smiled widely before slipping off the tube, holding his hand out to Sherwin. 

"Well come on then! The fun isn't in relaxing!" He laughed as he pulled his friend to the biggest water slide. They grabbed two separate tubes and climbed into the side-by-side slides. One black and the other white. "Race you to the bottom?" Johnathan smirked as he looked at Sherwin from across his slide. Sherwin smiled mischievously, which is something that almost never happens, and nodded.

"You're so going down." The boys readied themselves for the slide life guard to give them the signal. 

"Yeah. Down faster than you!" Johnathan laughed and pushed off as soon as the person gave him the okay, as did Sherwin. The race cut close, but in the end, Sherwin won. 

"Ha ha! I wiped that smug grin off your smug face." He mocked. Johnathan rolled his eyes playfully. 

"Whatever. You got a head start." He protested. The boys argued over who won before ultimately challenging each other again. Sherwin won once again where he continued rubbing it into John's face. 

"See! Beat you fair and square!" Sherwin turned around to see Johnathan watching him with a smile. He stopped and blushed a bit at the shared eye contact. "W-what?" He stumbled as Johnathan continued to smile at him.

"I've never seen you smile like that... It suits you." John gave Sherwin a smile. A real, Genuine smile. Right then and there, it felt like Sherwin's heart stopped. He smiled in return and they continued the day with water slides and others. And for once in a long time, Sherwin was having fun. And he kept the smile on his face for the rest of their time spent together.