04 | real life

EVELYN HAD FINALLY finished straightening her blonde hair to where it flowed past her shoulders. Her hazel eyes had turned into a green shade that had clashed with the white tank top she was wearing. For a moment, Evelyn couldn't stop staring at herself in the mirror. Her eyes tore away from her reflection when her bedroom door opened, and revealed her older sister.

"Why do you look so gorgeous?" Kelsey asked, hinting at something that everyone did.

Evelyn simply rolled her eyes, "I can't just straighten my hair? Besides, it's just Colton."

Kelsey seemed to have a smirk on her face as she crossed her arms at Evelyn. She hummed, "Sure."

Evelyn had picked up the playful tone in her sister's voice which had caused her to roll her eyes again. "Kelsey, he's gay, and I don't like him like that." She sighed.

Evelyn listened to Kelsey giggle as the doorbell began to ring.

"Evie! Colton's here!" Caleb shouted.

Kelsey continued to giggle at her little sister, and solicited a small groan and roll of her eyes. "I'm coming!" Evelyn shouted, sliding past her sister, which didn't work.

Kelsey grabbed Evelyn's arm and pulled her towards herself. Evelyn found herself stuck in one of Kelsey's bear hugs, and unwillingly let herself melt into her sister's hug.

"I love you, Evie. You know that." Kelsey whispered.

Evelyn laughed as she managed to wrap her arms around her sister. "I know. I love you too, Kelsey Taylor."

Kelsey groaned, "Evelyn Kate."

Evelyn managed to snap a picture of Colton as he shoved a fry into his mouth

Evelyn managed to snap a picture of Colton as he shoved a fry into his mouth. She giggled at the photo, then snapped a picture of her tacos that she sent to Caleb to make him mad.

"Evelyn, I swear, you are the most annoying person I've ever met," Colton muttered as he opened his snapchat. An annoyed huff left his lips as he glanced up at the blonde.

She smiled sweetly at him, "You love me though, Colt."

Colton rolled his eyes, but smiled back at the girl in front of him as she took a bite out of her first taco.

"I guess I do."

Once again, Evelyn smiled sweetly and cocked her head to the side in a sassy manner. Colton scoffed and groaned at her sassy attitude, but also secretly loved it. Then again, he was praying for the soul that decided to marry her too.

"I know you do," Evelyn laughed as she finished off the first taco on her.

Colton shrugged, laughing along with the blonde. "Yeah, you're right."

Evelyn shook her head at the man she called her best friend. Colton gave another scoff, and threw one of his fries at her, hitting her chin and falling to her plate. Evelyn pouted, and stared at the fry laying on her plate before she picked it up and ate it.

"I hate you," Evelyn stated simply, glaring at Colton.

A laugh fell from the boy's mouth as he laughed and shook his head. He couldn't fight the smile that came to his face.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do." Evelyn disagreed.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do!"

"No, you don't!" Colton smirked, seeing the small smile come to Evelyn's lips.

Evelyn tried to keep her face straight, but failed as she soon began to giggle. She went into a fit of uncontrollable laughter as she shook her head, and tried to calm herself down.

"You're right," Evelyn muttered breathlessly, "I don't hate you."

Evelyn and Colton sat on her sister's porch, just talking and laughing about everything under the sun

Evelyn and Colton sat on her sister's porch, just talking and laughing about everything under the sun. It was a happy release for the two.

She leaned over, with a smile and resting her head on Colton's shoulder.

He laughed, "We really need to get you a boyfriend."

Evelyn sighed, rolling her eyes. She heard those words way too much; from Colton and her own family. If you asked her, she didn't need a boyfriend; she'd like one, but it wasn't her priority.

"No."

"Caleb— oh, hey!" Kelsey's voice came with the sound of the front door opening. A grin came to her face as she saw Evelyn and Colton turn around. Kelsey laughed, "Just friends? As if."

"Uh," Colton murmured, "Eve's just like my sister. I'm uh, not into her like that." He muttered awkwardly.

Evelyn rolled her eyes and groaned slightly before glancing back at her best friend. "Ignore her. Kelsey's just annoying."

"I'm offended!" Kelsey exclaimed, going into a fit of giggles.

Once again, Evie rolled her eyes in annoyance, but remembered something. She reached into her bag, grasping the wrapped soft taco she saved. In a swift movement, she held up the taco for Kelsey.

"Take it and get out of my hair," Evelyn muttered.

Kelsey squealed, taking the taco and bending down to hug the life out of her little sister.

"I loves yous!" She whispered excitedly, "I'll go now!"

Evelyn let out a breath of relief when Kelsey went back inside and shut the front door. With another roll of her eyes, she sent an annoyed and an apologetic look to Colton.

Colton simply laughed, shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head. "Don't worry 'bout it. Besides, I oughta head home."

Evelyn nodded as Colton began to stand up. He smiled softly at the girl, and leaned down, kissing her cheek. Evelyn sighed, upset that he had to leave her.

"See ya later, I guess." She mumbled, barely looking up at him.

Colton laughed, "Yes, you will. Can't ever get rid of me!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

You guys, I'm so sorry for taking forever on this chapter. I have a bunch more chapters already prewritten that will come really soon!

Also, sorry that this chapter also kinda sucks, but hopefully you enjoyed it. And I appreciate all the votes and feedback ( saying that you are liking this story ), it really means a lot to me.

Anyway, I guess I'll go now. Again, Thank you!