John Entwistle #2

Y/N's POV

It was 1970 New Years eve, soon to be 1971.

The boys were on tour, a week ago, they said they were going to come home, but instead they went to the city all weekend to go Christmas shopping. I insisted on going, but John wanted me to stay home, he was planning something.

I sat on my couch, shivering, and waiting for the fire to warm me up. The sound of the phone rang throughout the house, making me wonder if that was Pete again, who called every minute making sure I was okay, and that John was soon to be home.
Sometimes he sang the lines from A Quick One While He's Away, it cheered me up a bit, also bringing back the memories from when John and I first met.

Excepting John to be home last night and waking up in his arms, but instead woke up alone again.

The phone stopped, a minute later, it rang again.
"God, why can't Pete just stop calling me?" I say to myself as I walked over to the phone and picked it up.

"Yes?" I say in a harsh tone.
A mellow voice replied, "Calm down. Is your prince home now?"
I immediately recognized it as Roger, I let out a small sigh. "Not yet."
Roger chuckled, "I hate to ruin this, but you sound so worried. He's coming home now."

My bad mood was replaced with excitement and happiness.
"Oh thanks for letting me know, Roger."

"Yes– I have to get going now, talk to you soon Y/N." Roger said quickly before hanging up, not even letting me say goodbye.

I stood by the window, seeing the biggest smiles on children's faces, snow mans, and christmas lights all over their houses. It was a pleasant sight to see, making me feel warm inside, it reminded me so much of being a child, excited for christmas morning.
The same morning, I played the newest Simon & Garfunkel album, it had fit the mood perfectly.

I sang softly to the current song that was playing.

"Why don't you write me, I'm out in the jungle, I'm hungry to hear you. Send me a card, I'm waiting so hard."

As soon as the song ended, the door bell rang.
I stopped the music and walked over to the door, unlocking it and opening it.

My heart fluttered as I saw that it was John, he attacked me with kisses all over my face and neck, "God, I missed you so much." He mumbled as he continued doing it.
I pressed my lips against his, and we kissed for the first time again.

We stopped when the cold started getting into the house.
As he put down his bags, he leaned in for another kiss.
I felt something tickle my cheeks, I pulled away, and saw that he had a stache going on.
"Does it look weird?" He asks, with worry in his eyes.

I giggled, "No, I think it looks sexy on you."

John smiled and kissed me again.

Moments later, we were now sat on the carpeted floor, soft blankets around us, enjoying the warm fire and the lovely tunes playing in the background.
"Y/N, I have something for you." He says in a hesitant tone.

I held his hand, waiting for whatever was coming.
"Y/N L/N, I love you. You're so special to me, you're everything, I'm so glad I decided to go to the date that Pete had set up for me, I want to love you forever, Y/N." He opened a small blue box, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.
"Oh– John, it's so beautiful." I sighed as he placed the ring on my finger.
I suddenly felt cold tears run down my cheeks, not realizing that I was crying as I was too busy admiring the beautiful ring.

"Are you okay?" John asked.

"Oh my god, I love you!" I wrapped my arms around his neck, and basically weeped like a baby the entire night.
He kissed my forehead, and I've finally slept in my prince's arms and woke up with him by my side.

this is basically a part two of the first john entwistle imagine i wrote,, haha wooop, i love john sm