Chapter 22- M

Chapter 22- In which maybe Spider-Man doesn't always win my heart

I reached home at 9.15, just 15 minutes earlier, to see who had came over to our house.

I really wonder who this person is.

I contemplated whether I should go out to the mall later to buy some new clothes and stuff.

I also need some make-up supplies, some new dresses, and shoes.

I was thinking of taking Gabe for a romantic dinner by a famous beach here, The Concrete Playground.

I would definitely recommend you eat there, great food and fantastic view of the beach.

I also certainly need a new dress for that. I think a summer dress would work.

After that we would take a stroll down the beach and enjoy the night sky.

Just thinking about it got me giddy.

It was the worst timing when my bladder decided it was too full,  just when my Mom had arrived home.

I wanted to be polite and greet her guest first, but apparently the toilet is calling me.

I rushed up the my room and ran to the bathroom and relieved myself.

Feeling much more comfortable now, I headed downstairs to greet my mother and her guest.

Instead, I was faced with Mom only.

"Morning Mum. Where's your guest?"

"Morning dear, oh hmm? He's upstairs."

"He? Upstairs? Doing what?"

"Oh well, you'll see. Mind running to the guest room for me? I left my keys on the table outside the door."

"Alright. Maybe then I could greet your friend. Do I know him?"

"Oh you know him alright.", she said while smirking at me. Oh the hidden secret behind her smirk.

I walked up the stairs, thinking of the people I knew who have met my mother.

None came to mind, so I was thinking maybe Mom had made a mistake about me knowing him.

I thought of Gabe, but he hasn't met Mom yet, and he flies on Thursday morning. Arriving here on Friday.

Who could it be?

As I approached the door, a pair of familiar sneakers caught my eye.

Huh?

I gasped and greeted Jacko, who stood at the windows in the guest bedroom.

"Jackson! It has been so long!", I exclaimed.

"Yeah it has. Way too long in fact. Since I heard Gabriel would be visiting Australia, I thought 'why not visit the both of you guys instead'." The both of us chuckled.

"Come on. There's someone I'd like you to meet. Let's go.", he said, while pulling me to downstairs.

"Oh great, you already met him. Dear, do me a favour and go to Aunt Tessa to pick up some stuff for me."

Aunt Tessa is my mom's friend who owns a restaurant, and I rarely ever hear about picking up packages.

But on the bright side, I could have my lunch there. Her restaurant is located near the beach, so if I were to eat there, I could take a walk down the beach and enjoy the beautiful day.