Coming down with a Bang

Ravens POV

       It's around midnight when they finally allow us to see echo, they warn us that she is mentally and physically unstable and tired and that we may need to leave after we say our hellos. I feel like an outsider with Harper and Octavia so I linger behind them following the doctor to the left wing of the hospital.
       When we finally make it to her room a nurse in pink scrubs comes out and speaks in a hushed voice to the doctor. "She wouldn't let me check on her, I don't think she's ready for visitors..." the doctor takes a moment to consider but argues with her. "She's a teenager, she needs her friends."
       They both step aside and Harper immediately rushes in and kneels by the side of the bed trying to coax her out from under the sheets. Raven and I come in slowly and stand awkwardly at the end of the bed while Harper continues, but fails to get Echo out.
      "Babe, please come out, it'll be okay. It'll all be okay... just let me in." I hear echo stifling cries as harper continues to rub her back through the sheets. Eventually she sits up and allows Harper to climb in with her and covers them back up with the sheets.
       She cuddles into her chest and continues to cry while Harper holds her and looks on the verge of tears. She eventually falls asleep and snuggles into Harper more. "Why don't you get something to eat? I'll be fine staying with her." Harper says while stroking echos messy hair.
      I wheel Octavia to the elevator and we go down to the hospital cafeteria. "What do you want? I'll buy" I say while fishing my wallet from my front pocket of my jeans. "No no no no, you've been here all this time, I should buy." She pats her legs and realizes she's still in the hospital gown, she looks to me and gives a little smile.
      A smile id kill for to see again. "Fine... just this one time" She chuckles and I wheel her to the line to grab her meal. I grab a salad and look to her tray to see a pizza, yogurt, and a sandwich. She gives me a shy look and pushes around the plate. "I haven't ate yet..."
       I chuckle remembering that she has been under this whole time, "it's cool, get what ever you like" she gives me that cheeky smile again and for a moment I find myself smiling bigger than I have in weeks. She smiles back at me before grabbing a slice of chocolate cake.
       I pay for our things and hold my salad while trying to push her through the maze of tables. We finally find an open one towards the back of the cafeteria. I take her tray from her and place it across from my salad and then pull away the chair and place it at the end of the table so she could sit at the table.
       As soon as I roll her up she bites into the pizza and sighs. "Ugh who knew I could miss food so much." I laugh and take a sip of my sprite.

      "I would have loved to see her being tackled by echo" she laughs while finishing off her cake. "Probably shouldn't have ate that much" she says while leaning back into the chair. "Sorry about that, probably put a dent in your credit card... I'll pay you back when I get out of here"
      "Don't worry about it, it didn't cost much" she raises her eyebrows and laughs. "You call forty dollars in hospital food not much?" I shake my head and laugh, "fine you can get next time" she smiles and then her smile disappears, replaced with a slight glow in her eyes.
      "So... so there will be a next time?" She asks shyly. I smile and I'm about to answer when I spot Abby from across the cafeteria, "I think Abby's looking for you" I say getting up and collecting our trash. I dump the trash in the garbage and get Abby's attention pointing her towards Octavia. I quickly run back before Abby could get to the table and get close to Octavia.
        I quickly press my lips to hers and she immediately responds, kissing me back. I pull away after a couple of seconds and see her smiling. "I believe I owed you that" I whisper smiling before walking away. I touch my lips and smile, before I know it I'm in the parking lot of the hospital and-

Octavia's POV

     My mind is racing with the thought of ravens lips on mine, I don't realize Abby's at the table till she's waving her hand in front of my face. "Wh-what? Yes?" I stutter. She laughs and sits down with me and begins explaining the financial situation that Indras in and then goes to Echo.
     Sooner than I wished Raven was gone, now I wished she had just stayed.

The long needed update... ahh I feel like this chapter wasn't too bad! Alsooo 1.58k views!!!!! That's insane thank you guys so much!
What do you think happened to Raven?
In case you didn't see I finished my Brittana au story and posted a short story called 'going out with a view' it'd be great if you could check those out! Anyways thank you all for being patient, I'm hoping to try and get back on a normal posting schedule.
If you enjoyed comment share and vote? 🖤🖤 feed back is appreciated