3.5

I went in for breakfast with Calum, Holly and Ashton after I had stopped crying and gotten over the initial realization that I couldn't do any better than Ashton. It was so sweet of him, I couldn't even believe he would be as sweet as doing that for me. I knew then that I was so done. There was absolutely no one else that could ever come into my life.

I sat down with Ashton as Calum and Holly were getting their breakfast and I took his hand.

"I can't believe you wrote me a song," I said, shaking my head.

He blushed and grinned at me. "Yeah I did. It's no big deal."

"No big deal?" I looked at him like he was crazy. "Yeah because every boyfriend writes this sweet and heartfelt song for their girlfriend telling her how much he loves her."

He sighed. "It was just what came to me. It's not a huge deal, honestly. I just thought you would enjoy it."

"I love you and hate you for it," I said.

"Why?" He asked, sounding slightly hurt.

"I love you because it means so much and it shows your feelings for me and I couldn't ever doubt that you love me," I said, looking into his eyes. "But I hate you because there's no way I could ever show you how much I love you by doing anything near that."

He smiled at me and kissed my lips. "I already know how much you love me. You chased me, you kept trying even though I was too scared to admit that I was in love with you. You loved me so much that you needed to pull it out of me and you never stopped trying. And that's way more than a song could ever do for me."

He was right, I did pull it out of him. But I still felt like a song was so much more.

Calum and Holly joined us, arguing about something and sitting down next to each other.

"You're so annoying," Holly scowled.

"Well so are you," Calum fired back.

"You never listen to anything I say," Holly said. "It's always just what you have to say and you don't even give me a chance to talk!"

"Bullshit!" Calum looked angry. Ashton and I sat awkwardly, not sure what to do or say.

Holly sighed and rolled her eyes, taking a bite of her French toast without looking at Calum.

Calum sat and stared at his pancakes with whipped cream on them, not eating them.

"Mate, you should eat something," Ashton said. "We've got a long day ahead of us."

Suddenly, Calum took his fingers, scooped up some whipped cream and smeared it on Holly's face. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

"Calum! What the hell?!" Holly said, reaching to wipe the whipped cream off of her face, but it was more than obvious it took all her willpower not to laugh.

"I don't like fighting with you," he frowned.

"I'm sorry," she sighed, Calum taking a napkin to wipe the remaining whipped cream off her face for her.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Are you guys done fighting now?" Ashton said. "Because I would like to get back to everyone getting along now."

"Yeah, we're done," Calum smiled, Holly also smiling.

We all finished our breakfast in peace, going back to the hotel room to get our things before heading out to drive again.

As we were walking to the car, Ashton and Calum walked further behind us talking about something, and Holly spoke up to me.

"Did it happen?" I asked.