Meant To Be, .... Forever and Always♥

They were best friends, Marcus and Maliyah. Or at least that's what Maliyah always thought. They'd known one another since she was five and he was nine. No matter what you did, she never left his shadow, not that he minded anyway. As far as Marcus knew, she was his and could do as she pleased. He didn't let anybody touch her, sometimes not even her own parents because it made him uncomfortable.

She was very sensitive as a kid, cried any time someone touched her wrong or said something she didn't like and would scream for Marcus. It got so bad that by age thirteen, she was in high school with her seventeen year old best friend, all the same classes and them graduating at the same time. He chose to wait two years to graduate so that Maliyah could be with him.

Her nickname was Ma, something everybody called her. At first it bugged her because Marcus was the one to get it started but she later let it go. She loved her best friend with everything in her, he was basically all she knew. How could she not?

They both had problems with their families, both were missing their parents by the time Maliyah had hit the age of twenty. The story was told that Marcus' older brother Martel was into some bad things and both of their fathers tried to save him and ended up dying. Maliyah's mother went into a depression and killed herself just mere weeks after she'd given birth to her last child. Marcus' mother was still alive but was in and out of rehab so much, it was like she'd died along with them. Maliyah took custody of her six siblings while Marcus took custody of seven out of his eight. No one knew where his other sister was, his mother wouldn't tell the authorities because she didn't want to sign off her rights in the first place. They were both legal guardians of fourteen children that they raised together and had been taking care all their lives, even when their parents were still there.

This story is about how they lived through their drama, lies, deceit, and tears to become more than best friends.

They became........................................................... meant to be, .... forever and always♥