CHAPTER 1

Draya in mm

Draya POV

Waking up in the morning to my annoying alarm. As annoying as I make it to be I'm really excited about my first day in varsity.

Doing a little happy dance as I go along making my way to my bathroom. Being an only child sometimes has its perks but at the same time it gets lonely.

Opening my door to my luxuries bathroom, I strip out of my PJ's and got into the steaming hot water of my shower washing away yesterday's worries and stress, feeling refreshed and ready to start my day.

Once I got out, I grabbed my towel and began drying myself out and got another towel to dry my hair since I decided to wash it out. Just so you guys know, my hair isn't silky soft and won't air dry to perfection.

The hair I have once dry, puffs up into a fizz ball and I look like I have been electrocuted to a point of no return. Once I got dry, I got to working rubbing on my coco butter mixed with honey lotion. Once done I got to working on my soon to be fizz ball.

After using my blow dryer, I got my gel and started working on laying it back into a ponytail but instead I would turn it into a neat bun then work on my edges. Just so you know I'm all natural and Im actually mixed.

My mom is from Africa while my dad is American but I get this big rainforest on my head from my mom. Even though I have it I still have a closet full of weaves and wigs in all possible styles and colors like I'm not the type of girl to be saying, "I have all natural hair and I don't need wigs", girl bye. If I need to work my 6 inch with my short ass, I sure will.

Putting on my Jordan 7's, tight skinny jeans and a white crop top, my Michael Kors back pack and out I go.

By the way I'm Draya Courtney Adams. I live in my own mansion and I love my privacy, but soon I won't be alone since my parents have decided to adopt a child, but it won't be a baby, since you will get to meet one soon, but this kid is just a teenager who's 16 and has been going from foster home to foster homes and soon will be kicked out due to their little mischievous behavior. I actually don't mind since I really need a sibling.

My father is the CEO and major shareholder in a tech company called Zoom video communication. And owns his own computer science intern company that trains students like me, but I don't plan on doing that. And my mom has various bakeries across the country and supports my dad.

I am 21 years old and I sit at 5,2 ,I'm studying to become a Gynecologist and I live in Miami Florida. I attend the university of Miami. This is my second year since I took a gap year just after high school and I am studying to get my bachelor's degree.

I own 2 cars. A Bentley Muslanne Range and a baby blue BMW. I'm not perfect but I find myself ordinary in so many ways. I have crazy best friends that are always on my nerves but are the best.

Got out my private home and here I go on my first day back at university. On my way I stopped at McDonald's for a quick bite. I got in the parking lot and parked my car just near the entrance since I had like 30 minutes to spare.

Going towards the counter, I saw a beautiful girl just around my age. Her name tag said Linda and I smiled and her then placed my order. I decided to get a big Mac, nuggets, large fries and a coke. Waiting for my order so I can sit and eat.

About 5 minutes later my order was ready, I quickly got it and sat down in a booth by the glass window giving off a clear view of my car. Eating my food peacefully, someone decides to slide in the seat in front of me and I see a guy about 6'2 I presume with made curls on his head dyed blonde, light skin in complexion with hazel eyes a deep dimple on his left cheek showing as he smirked at me with a little bit of a stubble.