Chapter 3

When Pragya had seen Abhi walk through the door, she already knew he was there. She could feel his presence. She never thought he would come there. Maybe he had come to meet Purab. Purab. Purab had become her brother since a tornado called Tanu had happened. He didn't have to say much, and all she needed was his silent support. To know that he was there for her. That's all that mattered.

Needless to say, before Abhi, Pragya had lived her world in black and white. She lived for her family and her students and no-one or nothing else. But when Abhi came in everything became colorful again. The weight she had put on her shoulders since her father left had suddenly lifted off. She was free as a bird. She went out with Abhi, she had fun, she took care of her family, and everything seemed perfect, until a certain witch ruined everything. Tanu. She couldn't seem to hate her, because somehow she knew what Abhi used to be like, and she trusted Abhi, but she didn't trust rock star Abhi. Tanu could ruin everything for Abhi, and she couldn't allow that. No way. Abhi was and is the love of her life. She thought she was in love with Suresh, but she wasn't. Because the mere mention of Suresh didn't make her heart flutter. Suresh is her best friend, because he was always there for her. And somehow she had known that he loved Bulbul, but she didn't want to think about it, since the consequences of breaking that marriage with no reason could cause her mother to have more problems wither heart. And she wasn't going to take that risk. Then Abhi came along, and she slowly fell in love with him, because she knew she could do anything for her sister, just like he could.

Then all of a sudden, Pragya became self conscious. Where was she? She had been talking to Bulbul a second ago! This smell! She was in Abhi's room! OH No!

Pragya POV

No! The call that man gave me said I had to stay away from Abhi! So what am I going to do? I am sorry Abhi! I really truly do love you, but I really must stay away! This smell! Your dumbbells! Our fights! No, Pragya, stop it! You have to leave! You must go! Wait a second who's shadow is there?

Pragya POV ends

The shadow moved forward to hold the doorknob. Pragya moved back. Old habits die hard.

The door swung open, and there stood Abhi, looking as cheeky as ever.

Pragya: So it was you all along!

Abhi: (Scratching his head) Yes.. And you were kind of thinking out loud.

Pragya: So you heard everything I said?

Abhi: Well, only the end. Sooooo, you miss my smell?

Pragya: Don't tease me!

Abhi: So how is life? And our baby?

Pragya: We are both fine, and I should be going now.

Abhi: Wait! I will drop you off!

Pragya: No thanks! I will take a taxi.

Abhi: Please?

Pragya: Fine! Can we go then?

The drive home was silent, since none of them really had anything to say. Abhi, the always hyper teasing one couldn't really say anything.

Pragya: Thanks! I'll see you....... another time.

Abhi: Yeah, you too.

Abhi POV

Well, that was awkward! I didn't know what to say to Pragya! I love her so much, everything was going so well! Well, until Tanu came along! I can't believe she would do that to me! She said she loved me! But I guess she was behind money all along, because she is really truly after Pragya. I guess Purab was right after all.

End Abhi POV

When Pragya was about to enter the house, she braced herself to calm down her mother. But what she saw next shocked her. She saw her mother, visibly relaxed, chatting away with Rock star Dadi.

Sarla Ma: Oh, Pragya you are back! Did Abhi also come inside?

Pragya: Ma what is going on? Do you have a fever?

R.D. burst out laughing.

R.D: Sarla, I told you that she would say that! Now you have to go to the market and buy me a video game!!

Pragya just looked at them, glad everything was going well again. Almost. Pragya wanted what Bulbul had; a husband to look after her, for her to wake up and demand sweets or ice cream from that second. She couldn't do that to her Dadi, or her Ma. So she kept everything to herself. No she wasn't jealous or envious of Bulbul, she was happy for her, Bulbul was her first baby.

Pragya had made a decision. She wasn't going to think about Abhi all day about . She was going to live for her baby.

Next morning

Pragya woke up at around 10 a.m., something she couldn't even remember doing. She went downstairs for breakfast, and was shocked at what she saw.

Abhi was sitting at the breakfast table eatin breakfast with her family and looking really hot. Oh no! Stupid hormones!

Pragya: Since when have we had breakfast this late?

Sarla Ma: Never mind that! Just come and eat!

Pragya POV

Something is very wrong! Ma is treating Abhi like nothing ever happened! Am I missing out on something? Because Ma always keeps her promises, and she promised not to forgive Abhi!

Oh well! It was time to find out! If she had to follow Abhi everywhere she could, she would. Because if something was being hidden, she had to find out. Purab! He knows it all and so does Ma!

Operation find out the truth, here we go!

Pragya POV ends

Well, how was it? It was almost a 1000 words, my longest update ever! I will try to have regular updates! Please tell me how it was in the comments, whether the comments are good or bad, the are welcomed! If you like it, please vote.