Chapter Five

Mikes POV

The next day, I walked through the halls acting normal, when in reality, I was hoping I'd run into Chester. The song I had finally finished was stuck in my head, as I quietly hummed it. Nobody could hear it because of how loud everyone was in the hall. But I considered it a blessing, since I was very insecure about my music.
I guess I had zoned out, because a second later I ran right into someone. I looked up to see Chester was the one I had bumped into. His face was pale, he had dark circles around his eyes, and he wore a very oversized hoodie, which he hid his arms and little body.
"Hey!" I said, louder than I thought.

He flinched and said nothing, shoving his way past me. I began to follow him, and it was quite obvious he had picked up speed trying to lose me in the crowd. I grabbed a hold of his backpack and he jerked away, and gave me a look over his shoulder.
My eyebrows went together in confusion as I quickly let go, frozen in place as I let him walk away. He pulled his hood up over his head, covering his blonde, spiked hair. And he disappeared around the corner.

'That's weird..' I thought to myself. Nobody had been able to leave me so speechless and confused. And nobody ever rejected me like that. Or maybe I was just used to getting what I wanted all the time..?

I eventually went to class, to find Chester nowhere in the room. We did have first hour together...right?
I actually had to ask myself that. After setting my stuff down in class, I rushed out to find Chester. The first place I checked was the bathroom, and sure enough, he was in there.
He was in the last stall, balling his eyes out. I looked under the stall, and I could see his shoes peeking out.
Yep, that's Chester.

"Chester..?" I called out quietly, looking up at the ceiling, feeling very uncomfortable.

"Go away, Mike!" He shouted suddenly from within the stall, startling the hell out of me. More choked sobs come from him, echoing throughout the entire boys bathroom.

"Please come out...let's talk." I pushed further, determined to get him out. I felt terrible about him being so upset and wanted to know why.

"No! You think I'm an idiot! But I'm not, Mike!" He yelled back, and after he broke down into a fit of cries. "I thought maybe! Just maybe! That someone actually gave a fuck! But it was all out of pity...cause you're friends with them...aren't you..?"

He knows?

"Yes...I am friends with Luke..." I replied quietly, suddenly feeling very ashamed.

Suddenly Chester burst out of the stall and stomped towards me, attempting to slam me against the wall. Unfortunately for him, he happened to be half my size, and he was pretty weak.
When he realized he couldn't budge me, he blushed and just began yelling.
"Just...Just stay away from me!" He screamed and ran out of the bathroom and back to class.

Oh boy, Mike... You're such an idiot.