Chapter Fourteen

Mikes POV
I was anxious to see if Chester would come to school the next day, since he never answered any of my texts or calls.  I needed to know if he was okay, it was killing me.
I walked through the halls looking at every single face I walked past, and none of them happened to be Chester..

I eventually headed to class, since I'd probably have more luck seeing him there than anywhere else.
When I walked in, I felt so much relief when I saw him sitting at his desk.
He had his hand resting on his head and he was staring down at the desk intently.
He looked absolutely terrible. His face was pale, dark circles engulfed his eyes, and he looked...bruised? His lower jaw held a soft shade of purple, and so did his left eye. I began to get angry, I was going to kick Luke's ass if he did this.

I shuffled over and sat next to him, he didn't even look up.

"Hey Chester..." I said suddenly, and his facial expression never changed, nor did he look at me.

"Shove it, Shinoda." He said quietly yet sternly, "You're a backstabbing asshole."

The word 'backstabbing' really hit me.
I was a backstabber...wasn't I?

"Chester...I'm sorry. I really really am. I care about you.." I said softly, reaching over to put a hand on his arm resting on top of the desk.
He flinched and pulled away, finally looking at me.
His eyes were full of fear and anxiety.
Something happened to him. I could tell.

"No, you don't. You don't say those things to people you care about. Unless faggot is your code word for, 'I care'." He rolled his eyes and sighed.

I decided to ignore what he said and ask about what happened to him. "So what happened to you yesterday? You're bruised and look absolutely traumatized..."

"Why do you care? All you care about is what other people think of you." He said harshly, as he pulled out a notebook from his bag.

"Chester please-"

"No!" He yelled suddenly, slamming his fist down on the desk and looking directly into my eyes. His eyes held so much pain and suffering, it was terrible. "You can't be with me and Luke! It just doesn't work that way, Mike! Either you pick me, or you pick Luke!"

That would have been the toughest decision for me a week ago, but now I knew. I knew what I wanted.
I knew that who I wanted was...

"You. I choose you, Chester."