The Accident Part 2

The doctors said that I hit my head very hard in the left top of my forehead. I've never been this pale. My arm is broken. The doctors said I was lucky, I could have gotten a concussion, but I didn't. It turns out the other driver was drunk, he passed out while driving. That bastard could have cost us our lives. He was still alive, but not looking good.

Passed out in the ambulance after the crash and woke up in the hospital. Before the ambulance, I found myself in the driver's seat, blood running down my face, stuck in my seat. I couldn't get out.

There was a huge piece of glass that stabbed me in the stomach. Luckily, it didn't hit anything important, and the seat belt was on the way, it caused the bigger part of the glass to stay out. But there was still some stabbing me and it hurt so much. I knew that if I fought, it will hurt me and the glass would move. If I took it out, there would be a huge hole and I would have bled to death.

Everything was blurry, I was still bleeding but not as fast as I would have been if I had taken the glass out. But then I remembered, Y/,N!!! I turned around to look for her. But she wasn't there, the seat was full of blood. The window in front of the passenger seat had a huge hole, it had broken, and it was full of blood. Wasn't she using the seatbelt?! The paramedics came rushing to me, they helped me out and I kept asking for her. They told me to shut up because the glass would move and cut important stuff.

Walking to the ambulance, I saw about 2 paramedics next to y/n. She was on the floor. She was full of blood and extremely pale. She was unconscious, right? She wasn't dead. She couldn't be. She was just passed out. I thought and realized I was trying to convince myself. I tried to fight the paramedics to go and run to her not caring about the glass on me. But I was very weak and I wouldn't even make a move on them.

They laid me down on the ambulance, and took out the glass, then started doing who knows what to me so I didn't bleed out. It all hurt like hell, I can't describe it. It was too much all at once, I passed out from the pain. Now I am at the hospital.

I keep on waking up and falling back asleep. I don't really last too much awake, I try to but I can't. Every time I wake up there is someone in the room with a doctor. Last time it was Sam, he was crying? He never cries really. 

"Sam?" I called him trying not to fall asleep

"Colby!" He looked at me and quickly cleaned his cheeks from the tears. He came rushing to my side, he nodded to the doctor, the doctor nodded back and left

"What happened?" 

"You were in a car crash last night and-"

"I know that. What happened now? Where is she?" I asked him frustrated

"You are in the hospital. You uh, need to rest. You could have been killed. You can't be killed Colby, you can't leave us. You are my best friend."

"I know, I'm sorry, I think it was stupid trying to dodge the car."  I could barely stay awake

"You tried to dodge a drunk driver, Colby?" Sam said with a forced smile and a small laugh

"Sam. How is she?" I needed to know now. I couldn't go back to sleep without knowing, but I was falling, they must've given me something.

"Colby. You should rest. When you are better, I'll tell if you want. But it will do you no good if you worry now." Sam said, his smile faded. Why won't he tell me? But by now I could barely talk. I was falling asleep. They definitely gave me something, and it was strong.

"Is... Is she dead-?" I said with the last energy I had left. 

I saw a tear come down his face again and he looked down at his hands. Fuck. Then, he looked straight at my eyes.