Chapter 29: Moving On

Chapter 29: "Moving on"

Future series part 14

Two weeks later

4 th February 2020

Uttara  was persistent  just like her husband ,it was one of the reasons why Swara had reluctantly agreed to go shopping with her.  Uttara had decided Swara needs to see the charming side of shopping than stay in the house .

It has been two weeks since Swara  walked and on continuous treatment, after two excruciating weeks she has  been able to walk for few minutes without pain. The doctors have been vastly impressed with the improvement though her dancing days are long gone.

Swara was happy to be able to walk and the doctors have promised  that little by little she will be able to walk without pain for longer distance . Though they have advised against dancing and other straining activities as it might strain her legs further.

Swara was hopeful that someday she might be able to do everything . Someday she won't need to rely on an wheelchair , and maybe in a distance future she may be able to dance as well once her legs regained it full strength.

"Sanskar No shopping please ,  Tell uttara it too soon and my legs won't handle that much walking , " Swara lamented towards her husband as he entered the room in an attempt to gather his support.  

"I will be there Swara ,  I won't let you walk anymore than you want too. We will leave the moment you don't want to stay,  Come on. Uttara is pretty upset we are leaving in three days. And this might appease her enough to let us go without crying, " Sanskar words were in an bid to calm her down. And it was working,  It has been so long since she has went outside without needing someone to help her move.

Now for the first time she is gonna walk on her own legs,  And it filled with her happiness. So she agreed.

To Sanskar seeing his Swara walk  again was worth everything. Her face lights up every time she walks a bit further than before , The simple gesture of walking two feet on her own has managed to make her happy than everything else.

And yet he also sees the moment the happiness Fades when the pain reappears. It was constant improvement. A step by step process. The shopping was an success on all accounts from uttara smile. She loved having Swara company.

Sanskar was designated to the job of observing his wife and sister from far and carrying their purchases. And since he always does his job well.  He noticed the moment her wife smile faded and he walked towards her thinking the pain reappeared but something was different in her face. It was an shock. And her focus rested on someone above his head ,He turned around to look at the source of her sadness in the unfamiliar place .

Their behind him stood a woman  who also looked shocked by Swara appearance. He didn't understand who she was until he saw the resemblance,  She was Nikhil mother and everything made sense at the discovery.

Swara tried to walk towards her but at the moment her legs failed and she would have fallen hadn't it been not her husband protective arms. He was by her side  in an second. And gently  held her in supportive gesture.