Chapter 1 - Lost

Before we start I wanted to let you know that english isn't my first language so maybe there will be some mistakes. Not many people from my country know Chicago tv shows so that's why I decided to write in english. So... are you ready?

-

It was a normal night in Chicago. Firefighters from 51, police officers from District 21, doctors and nurses from Med... they were all at Molly's, talking about their day and drinking, of course.

Officer Adam Ruzek was sitting next to his best friend, Kevin Atwater, drinking his second beer and talking about the criminal they caught that afternoon and about the little girl they saved. 

"Man, when I saw the gun pointed at her head..." said Kevin and shook his head. The girl was same age as Kevin's little sister. It was relly hard for him.

"Yeah. But we saved her. Did you see the man's face when Jay came from the back?" They both laughed, looking at their Ranger friend who was talking to his brother Will.

"Hey, Jay!" yelled Adam and raised his bottle of beer. Jay turned to him and so did everyone else. "To you and your right hook."

 Everybody laughed and said: "To Jay."

 He just shook his head, stood up and said: "It was team work."

"To team work then!" yelled Herrman.

Everybody answered: "Team work!"

*

"Okay. I think I'm gonna go, it's getting late," said Adam, standing from the chair.

"Adam Ruzek leaving earlier than at 1 am?" Jay smiled at him. He looked at his phone to check the time. 12:04 a.m. 

Adam just laughed and squeezed Jay's shoulder. "See ya tommorow."

When he left Molly's, he took a breath of fresh air and tried to remember where he left his car. 

"Are you Adam Ruzek?" asked somebody behind him. Adam turned back and saw young black man with a black hoodie and blue jeans. He had a hood on his head but Adam could see bood on his forehead. He looked nervous, maybe even scared.

"Yea. You okay?"

"I'm sorry, man. Had to do it for 'em," said the boy and looked to Adam's eyes.

"What are you talk-" But Adam couldn't finish it. Somebody hit him to the back of his head with something heavy. He fell on the ground. He was only six or seven yards from Molly's. He tried to get up, to get to Molly's, to get help. But he was too tired, too weak. He couldn't keep his eyes open. And then everything went black.

*

"Has anyone seen Ruzek today?" asked sargeant Voight in the morning. Everyone was there, except for the youngest member of the Intelligence Unit.

"He probably just overslept," said Jay and took his phone out of his pocket. I'll call him."

Everyone stared at Jay as he found Adam's number and put his phone to his ear. 

"Voicemail. Damn it, Ruzek. He had only a few bottles of beer. Sarge, you want us to check on him?" asked Jay, already standing up from his chair.

"Yes. Take Atwater with you."

"Sergant, I think it won't be necessary," Mouse said as he raised his hand, looking at the monitor.

"Why?" Jay came to his best friend's table and looked at the monitor. 

"'Cause somebody just sent us this."

Every member of the Intelligence came to Mouse's table, looking at the computer. Mouse click on the 'play' button and in that moment everybody stopped breathing.

-

So what do you think, guys? Please, let me know if you want me to continue :)