Chapter 12

Elizabeth

"What do you mean you're not doing anything for your birthday?!"

I shush her. I swear this girl never stops shouting.

I just shrug my shoulders. "I haven't celebrated my birthday in 5 years, I don't need to. Besides, midterms are in a week, too."

She waves her hand at me. "We have plenty of time to study. We're doing something anyways, whether you like it or not."

"You're doing what whether she likes it or not?" a voice says behind me.

I see Ryan and Tristan sit across from us. "This girl's birthday is next week and she doesn't want to do anything for it." Natalia explains, earning a groan from me.

Tristan almost spits out his water. "Your birthday is next week? When? Why didn't you tell us?"

I rub my face. "It's the 20th but really, I don't need anything."

"And why is that?" Ryan asks.

I roll my eyes. "Midterms are before winter break and on top of that, I haven't celebrated my birthday since I was 13." He and Tristan stare at me with gaping faces. I turn back to my sandwich.

"No, Nat's right. We're doing something." Tristan interjects.

"Guys, no-"

"Uh-uh. We're doing it. End of discussion." I was about to protest when the bell rang.

______

I knew they weren't going to give it up, so I finally relented. I have no idea what they're planning, but between my job and studying my ass off I don't really have any time to think too deeply into that matter.

______

"This literally makes no sense!" I roll my eyes at Tristan's whining. I've been helping him study for his exams, and as you can see, he's not doing so hot.

I look over at his work. "That's because you're typing the wrong thing onto the calculator."

"I should be getting rewarded for this." He grumbles.

I laugh. "You should be getting rewarded for something you have to do?"

"Yes."

I shake my head. "You're crazy."

"How about this. For every problem I get right, I get 1 kiss."

I think it over. If he can barely get passed the first step, there's not much at stake, right? "Deal."

"Get ready to pucker up, Miss Scott, because I intend on getting all 10 kisses."

"Whatever you say, Mr. Blake."

An hour later he finishes and I look over his paper. "How did you get everything right?" I gape.

"When I'm driven I do better." I roll my eyes.

"Whatever Einstein, just kiss me."

"With pleasure."

______

A half hour later, his reward is completed, and let me tell you, he was definitely a happy camper for the rest of the day.

______

"How do you guys think you did on your exams?" We were just released for our first day of winter break.

"The only one I'm sure about is English. That class is a joke." Ryan says.

We talk for a while longer before I ask, "Where are we going tonight?" They've been keeping me in suspense the whole week.

"We're still not telling you until later." I pout. This was getting annoying.