«1»

Violet's POV ~

*ding*

Who in the world is texting me at 3 am. I think to myself as I roll so the other side of my bed to check my phone.

~one new notification~

Bestieeeee : GIRLLLL SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW AND I CANT SLEEP!!! text me if you're awake babes!

This crazy bitch. I text her a simple let me sleep hoe. And try to fall back asleep.

I was unsuccessful in trying to go back to bed so I just browse through instagram. I see a post that catches my eye.

Finnwolfhardofficial : back in my home town of Vancouver, glad to be back and starting school like a normal kid tomorrow

7 hours ago

I've never watched stranger things so I really don't know why I'm following one of them. Welp, new student I guess.

skip to morning of first day of school~

"Violet sweetie you have to wake up." My mom says while running her fingers through my hair. "Good morning mom!" I say and ask what time it is. "It's 6:50 honey, I wanted to wake you up early for your first day of highschool. I made a nice breakfast so you come down when you're all ready. Okay?" "Thank you mom!" I cheer.

After about 3 minutes of staring at my ceiling wishing I didn't have to go to school, I get up to go use the bathroom. After that I take a quick shower and brush my teeth. My school has uniforms so I go with a white polo shirt with some simple khaki shorts. I grab my burgundy huaraches since they match my back pack. Quickly brush my hair and tie it into a messy bun and head downstairs.

I can smell the pancakes from the top of the stairs. I run down the rest and take a seat at the island. My mom hands me a plate of blueberry pancakes with nutella on the top and strawberries because they're my favorite. "Thank you mom" I say as I dig in.

After I eat I realize that I still have like 20 minutes until school starts so I ask my mom "can I take a walk through the park before school, I have time so I won't be late" she nods her head and I give her a kiss on the cheek. I look at myself in the mirror satisfied cuz I'm adorable and start walking.

As I get to the park I see my ex-boyfriend, Alex, with his friends. I just ignore them and keep walking. "Hey hot stuff!" I hear him yell but I don't bother to look back.

Alex was just a guy who begged for my attention so much that I felt bad. I never even liked the asshole.

As I admire my beautiful surroundings I see a boy with messy, curly hair listening to music. As I walk closer I see that he's also singing. I wait a minute before saying hi so listen to him.

From Lust for life, by Lana Del Rey (feat the weeknd)

"They say only the good die young, that just ain't right, cuz we're having too much fun. Too much fun tonight."

This mystery boy sings pretty good, I know the song do I sing Lana's part.

"And a lust for life-

I was interrupted by the boy turning around clearly noticing me singing.

"Hi, I'm violet." I say as I put my hand out. "Finn." He says with a strange look. Not sure why he's looking at me like that but it's cool. "First day of school, what a bummer." "Yeah, I don't know anyone here so it'll be rough for me." He says. "Well now you know me, that's an honor" I giggle and he smiles. "Wanna walk to school with me?" He asks. "Sure, right this way newbie" I mock him and he pouts his lip.

As we're walking I take a minute to admire his features. He has longer eyelashes than me which I'm kind of salty about, nice plump lips, his teeth are straight and white. Very nice smile, his hair is messy but it looks good. He's a little bit taller than me but that's okay. "What are you looking at?" He asks. "You're freckles, they're adorable." I say and I see his cheeks turn pink.

"Shit, we're here." He says with a sigh. "Yup, now if people try to pick on you just walk away." I give him some advice. Him and I walk in and everyone is staring at us. Well, at him. I wonder why. Then a bunch of people crowd him saying Mike Mike. Him and I are separated but I don't really care. I walk to my first class, math, I'm actually good at math so I don't complain. As I find a seat I see Finn walk into the class, he looks nervous but he eventually sees me and rushes over.

"Well then, Mike." I say wondering why they were calling him Mike. "Oh, it's just a character I play." He says and puts his back pack on his chair. "Character?" I ask. "Yeah, I play Mike, from stranger things." He says looking at me like I should know. "Cool." I say as the teacher walks in.

NEW BOOK SWEETIES.
I'm currently obsessed with finn so ofc I'm going to write a fanfiction. Hope you guys enjoy it and I'm sorry about now updating my other stories. Just haven't really had the time. I will try to update my most popular story and of course this one.

Love y'all!!