Your Universe

Chapter 1 - How We Meet

So I was drinking out with my friends one afternoon in a karaoke house near a medical school, where I heard there are lots of hot guys studying there. And I think it's right for me to be there since I was really in the stage wherein I miss being in a relationship. I miss kissing and cuddling with someone. I wished I would meet somebody.

Inside the karaoke house, they were only two tables occupied. Ours and the group of medical students. Well, I noticed one guy there. He's cute and he's totally hot.

He looked at me mysteriously then he smiled. I smiled back. Whenever I look around, I'll take chances to glance at him and I would caught him staring at me.

In my surprised the hot guy walked towards me and kneeled in front of me and asked me if it was okay if he would ask for my number. Yes, he kneeled. Sounds weird but I think it's cute. I nodded and he handed me his phone. While I was typing, he then whispered to me

"I'm Brandon. And you are?" He said. The sound of his voice and the warmth of his breath gave me chills. I giggled.

"I'm Kina." I said and then I smiled at him. He smiled back.

We chatted a little. He asked me from what school I am and what I am studying about. I'm a business management student and he is a physical therapist student. He's 21 and I'm 17. Yay!

"I better go back to them. Thanks for the number anyway." He said and he went away.

I look at my friend, Vanessa, who was doing a public display of affection with her more-than-friends-but-less-than-lover guy. I groaned in disgust.

I arrived home at almost 11pm and I'm too tired to charge my phone so I left it dead.

The next day I woke up and finally not too lazy to charge my phone. I sat on the floor next to the outlet and check out my messages. I found none from a new number. I sighed.

It was a school day, so as usual it was boring and I was like groaning to go home. I wanna be in bed so bad and sleep all day.

While I was on my way home, I received a text message from an anonymous number.

"What's up?"

I'm sure it was him but I still want to ask anyway. I decided to text him back when I get home because my phone's dying already.

"Who is this?" I replied.

"Brandon from yesterday, remember?" He replied.

How can I forget? I was waiting for his text.

I replied, "Oh, it's you."

"Yeah, it's me. Lol. So what are you doing?" He asked.

"Just sitting in the corner near the outlet. You?"

"You must be charging. I'm just laying down."

"Oh, okay." Was my only reply.

"So where do you live?" He asked. I know he's trying to make the conversation going.

"Westminster and also in Orange County. You?"

"Costa Mesa but I'm staying in Santa Ana because it's near in my school. Where are your parents?"

"My dad's in Australia. I'm living with my mom."

"Why's your dad there?" He asked.

"He works for the government there."

"Okay. Well, enough for me asking about your dad. I'm more interested to you."

"Oh really. Why's that?" I replied.