Prolouge

This story strongly revolves around eating disorders and mental illness.

I was trying hard not to romanticize these important topics, but I can't say I didn't entirely do that purely because I didn't know how. Louis becomes dependent on Harry a lot to get better and they fall in love and magically everything gets better. I'm sorry but I just don't know any better I've never tried to do something like this before and it's just how the words came out.

(I tried not to spoil but those were some things that just needed to be addressed. Anyway, now that that's out of the way, welcome to "Opportunity"

Prologue

"I can't believe after all this fight we're still going to lose,"Anne paced around the kitchen island with her phone balled up tightly in her fist.

The recent death left the family broke. It was very sad to see her husband go, especially when he didn't have life insurance. It may seem a bit selfish to be reacting in a way like this right now, but they were on the brink of divorce anyway and there was no one else related closely enough to want to pay for this big funeral he had in mind.

She sighed and fell heavily over the countertop. Their landlord had always been a bitch, so apparently one less job and debt wasn't an excuse to have their rent paid.

"We needed to get out anyway," she hung up the phone and dropped it out in front of her.

The knob of the front door jiggled and the guilt building in her stomach grew even larger. Her son was just finishing up his last week as a college sophomore. At least the move was going to be convenient.

The door swung open and the house was instantly filled with the soft giggles of her son. He happily bounded into the kitchen throwing his backpack into it's usual spot. In his hands he held a box from the bakery he worked at.

The scene instantly makes her heart break. Harry grew up in this house. He has so many memories here, it's all he's ever know. It'll surely sadden him to suddenly have to pick up and leave.

"Hi mum," he speaks quickly as he places the box down and gives his mother a quick hug.

"I got us some cupcakes as a celebration, and because I know they're your favorite."

He pulls the lid off putting the two dark chocolate cupcakes on display.

Anne tears up watching her son bounce around so happy and clueless. With a cupcake placed in front of her and Harry sitting on the opposite side of the island scrolling through his phone with a smile still etched into his face, Anne sighs and clears her throat.

"We're moving."

Harry's face didn't change as he kept scrolling through his social media. He hums in agreement only stopping to lick some frosting off his finger.

Then it hit him. It hit him like a fucking brick. His eyes went wide as his mother smiled sheepishly from across the island. He placed his phone down on the counter calmly then promptly threw his head into his hands and groaned. Perfect news for what was supposed to be a perfect day.

This is really short I know, but the first chapter is 4k so anyone coming to read will definitely not be bored. This story isn't a typical love story. The majority of it will be Louis trying to fight off his inner demons to be with Harry, but not everything can work out like that.

Trigger warnings can include:

-eating disorders
-body dysmorphia, but not as a constant battle. Just an annoying thing that makes its round and causes everything goes to shit.
-more specifically bulimic tendencies and BED (binge eating disorder) themes
-vomit (He purges a few times in the beginning, but most of it is unwillingly having to get sick for his benefit.)
-rape/ sexual assault (past)
-ptsd^
-very low self-confidence/ bad self-image
-really sad but fluffy Louis because he gets me right in the feels and supportive af Harry
-also, Louis in glasses occasionally because I felt like it (this is a very dangerous one lmao)
-alcohol use

If anything else triggers throughout the story or if you're worried about it triggering others you can just comment and I'll be sure to add it here.

Once again, welcome to "Opportunity"