Four Months Ago...

"I kinda like this actually." I said to Shunta "It suits my soul."

   "See, now you know why I wear it all the time." she responded "You get to express your mood."

   Ding dong! 

  "They're here" we said in unison. We smiled and she waited for me to fix the black lipstick that she let me try on before leaving the bathroom.

  We walked out and my entire family and guests all stared at me.

   "You look like a goth" said Mr. Yuki

   Everyone laughed and we started greeting one another.

  Arnold walked up to me. "Take that bullcrap off of your face."

  "How about you just shut up!" I responded

   It was the traditional get together. Except this one was a little more sad. Today was my last sleepover with Shunta. The adults went into the dining room to go play cards like they did every Friday night. While Kat, my little sister, was already in bed. Arnold, Shunta, and I all played video games and talked about school gossip. The Yuki's left later in the evening and it was just Shunta and I. We played are usual video game, Minecraft. We talked about past sleepovers and how we stuffed our faces with candy, for most people a last sleepover might have been awkward. Shunta and I were different, we knew we would have another sleepover eventually.

   When I woke up Shunta was already sitting up in bed, as per usual she was awake before me and she was taking a picture of Jess. Jess is my dog. Jess was eating Shunta's bonnet.