Shrunk

I woke up and headed outside thinking it was just another day in new leaf. I went to the police station and asked Copper what was new in town. He assured me that there was no mischief to speak of. I left the police station catching a glimpse of a salute out of the corner of my eye. "Gosh, Copper is acting even more professional than usual," I found myself wondering aloud. "I better get some coffee, I must not be fully awake. Copper is always like that." I said as I headed to the roost. Brewster gave me my usual coffee, but it tasted a bit strange. I felt like I was burning up. I ran out of the roost and headed home. "I better get some rest." I said as I climbed on top of one of my lab benches. I slept for a few minutes and woke up fully refreshed. I took a look around and everything seemed massive. I realized I shrunk and began to panic. If I was tiny, how would I take care of the plants? How would I help the villagers? How would I complete public works projects? Isabelle always says the fate of new leaf rests in my hands! How will I handle my responsibilities as mayor at my size? My train of thought was interrupted by the door opening. "Hello? TriniTDM? You in here?" Oh no, it's Kevin! I don't want him to see me like this! I panicked and hid in the corner. Too late. He already spotted me. "I wonder if I'm tired. I feel like I'm seeing some weird creature right now. But on second thought, you kinda look like... TriniTDM? I get it, you were shrunken, weren't you?" I nodded, unsure how to respond. "Well, it will be difficult for you to get around on your own, so I'll carry you." he said putting his right front hoof down on the floor. I gratefully scrambled onto his hoof as he lifted it. When I had gotten settled in his hoof, he said that we should let Isabelle know what happened. I agreed, saying that as my secretary, she would be likely to know how to help me adjust to my new size and possibly assist me with completing the tasks I am expected to do as mayor. "Okay, let's rush over to town hall!" he said. I told him he might accidentally crush me or drop me if he went there full speed ahead. "Oh, right. I guess it's better if we take our sweet time." I nodded as he started to carry me over to the town hall slowly but carefully.