Chapter 14

I woke up around seven thirty because of an exam at eight thirty, so of course as Jacob promised he gave me the answer which I feel guilty for doing because obviously with my grades back at my hometown I could've been accepted into Harvard. I've memorized the answers so I guess that's half cheating or not.

Anyways after my exam Jacob caught up to me and asked what time we will be meeting. I said in the cafeteria because we haven't eaten in there for almost a week and I've heard a few students whispering here and there about us Jacob, Sarah and I not attending the cafeteria. So from keeping them thinking something else we decided to meet there and anyways we always sit in the corner and we can change up the conversation adding a few code names from what other students think it means.

Before going to my room I passed by the cafeteria looking for any cameras. As I slowly passed the cafeteria I only spotted one camera which is by the register. In the corners there aren't any so that gives us less struggle of bidding my camera and making sure no one is watching us.

There are guards around the cafeteria but they can't be too close to us unless the suspect danger. That's a rule they have so we don't use our powers on them and not getting them hurt.

I was about to open the door to my room when Monica, a new student who came in a week ago and has a rooks next to mine, comes up to me.

"Hi Alex, I have a question about this place." She said nervously

"Ya sure, what is it?" I said showing concern

"Well yesterday I tried to talk to Tina, but before I went into her office... it's like the walls were changing and out of nowhere the hallways were shaking like there was an earthquake. I didn't see anyone else in the hallway but me to ask what that was. When it stopped and I approached to Tina office, she looked frightened like I saw something I wasn't suppose to." Monica said. She looked relief and less freighted after she told me that.

"Wow, that's very interesting." I said as I crossed my arms and started to think.

Obviously she is hiding something. What is she keeping from us? Why is she even part of this? I'm also started to get suspicious.

"Thank you Monica for telling me this." I said.

"Uh, no problem" Monica replied and went back into her room.

I entered my room and got my camera out.

Jacob should be coming around to go the the cafeteria in a few minutes

After ten minutes of waiting the foot finally has a knock.

I got up from my bed and walked to the door.

"Hey Jacob you are finally her-" I didn't finish my sentence when Mike was at the door instead of Jacob

"Uh, sorry it just me." He nervously smiled.

"Uh yup. So what brings you here?"

"Well it's about Sarah. I haven't seen her more than a week and I'm kinda of confused at where she is at. I've heard she left, she was one of those who went missing, she's dead, or she is in the hospital department." Mike said.

"Uh ya. She's actually in  the hospital department." He let out an  air of relief. "Why did you seem stressed about it?" I asked leaning on the doorframe. I know what going into him. I just want to hear it from him.