NIGHTMARES

Smith flopped clumsily onto his bed. he looked up at Toriel as she tucked him in. "Goodnight my child", Toriel whispered. As Toriel softly shut the door, Smith began to flicker, in and out of consciousness. Memories of the past five days he had spent in the ruins flashed through his mind, and he decided that going to sleep would be faster if he didn't try at all. So there he lay, gazing up at the yellow ceiling. Thoughts of how he would return to the surface, raced across his imagination, and Smith began to drift into an uneasy sleep.

"AAAAAAAH"! Smith screamed. "Shhhhhh" said the thing. "You look a little tired". "Don't tell me that you aren't able to MUSTARD the courage to KETCHUP or run away". "Wh-what are you"?! Smith shouted, bravely standing his ground. The thing smiled, a glint in the one blue eye Smith could see. "I am a he thank you" It said looking a little offended. "The names sans. But you can call me Nightmare, and thats what you're having right now". "So then you aren't real!"Smith replied, shaking his head. "Unfortunately for you, I am"! as Nightmare said this, 6 black goopy tentacles burst out of his back, and smashed Smith into a dream wall. Smith knew he wasn't lying, since he could feel every bit of pain he should. Using one of the six tentacles, Nightmare grabbed a hold of Smiths arm and smashed him into the floor several times. "HAHAHAHA"! Nightmare laughed, "THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE"! As Nightmare laughed, Smith's soul appeared out of his body. Smiling, another of Nightmares tentacles reached out to grab it, but suddenly everything started to get lighter. "Oh", Nightmare said with a disappointed expression. "It seems your waking up. But don't worry" he added, his grin returning, "We will meet again". And with that, Smith jolted awake and rolled out of bed.