Chapter 2 - "I miss you"

Matthew's POV

"I miss you."

I texted her. I really do miss her. And I still do love her. I'm still broke. I still can't believe myself that I let her go, that I hurt her.

It's been a month since Maegan and I broke up. Just because of one sentence. One word. Why did I did this to her? Why did I did this to myself?

-Flashback-

"I knew I shouldn't trust you. I shouldn't love you. Why do you need to do this Matt?" she cried to me.

"It isn't true Maegan! Trust me, it isn't true! I love you, I can't do such things to you that I know can hurt you, you know that." I reached for her hand but she refused quickly.

"So you're saying that I should not believe my brother of what he said he saw? Matt, you cheated on me, I can't accept that. All I did was love you, care about you, and trust you, but what did you do? I thought you loved me Matt. But you don't."

"You know what? I hope you'll be gone. The day that I saved your life? Oh you're welcome. I regretted saving your life." I reached for the lamp beside me and threw it on the wall.

I love her. I didn't mean to kiss Sophia back. I didn't know Charles would cought us. I didn't mean to do that. I love Lynn, so much. I was drunk. But now, she just tore my heart apart.

"You're right, I should be gone." and for that, she left. She left me here standing. She left me here broken.

No, I didn't mean to say that to her. I don't want her to be gone. What have I done?

-end of flashback-

"What have I done?" I whispered to myself. I want her back in my life.

She once tried to kill herself because of her mother and father being strict to her in her studies. She failed 2 subjects in our 9th grade because she was always absent. She wants to get away from that school because she was always bullied. I'm always the one who was saving her from those times but she always pushed we away. She doesn't trust me. She doesn't trust anyone. I don't know why though. And the time already came when she trusted me.

But now I lost her trust in me again.

If I love her, I would find my way back to her. She will be mine again. She will never be gone again. I would never hurt her again. I'll never let her go. She will trust me again. Things will be back from where they used to be.

My bestfriend, Luke came into my room breaking my thoughts.

"Deep thoughts, yeah?" he asked me laying his back on my bed.

"Yeah, you know who and what it is already."

"You've been thinking of Maegan lately. Why? You miss her, don't you? You know, it's your fault anyway, and we both knew that." he paused, "but hey, things will get better. I know you still love each other."

Luke is always here to cheer me up. I'm glad I have a bestfriend like him. I don't know what I'll do with myself if he wasn't here. It would be awkward if I'll tell him those things right into his face, he'll probably think that I'm gay or something so I'll just keep that on my mind.

"You know what, I need a break. Starbucks?" I really need a break from all of this. I need to stop thinking of her.

-