Chapter 2

Kanan's P.O.V

   I was meditating to relieve some stress. It has been nothing but stressful with helping Ezra, taking care of Sky and fighting the Empire with one less crew member. Things were starting to get more and more difficult. At times like this was a good moment to relax and forget all the galaxy's cruelties.

   Then a sudden flash of pictures swarmed my vision. Yet, this vision had a different kind of feeling to it. I couldn't explain it but watched the scene in front of me.

   A man was dragging a teenage girl down the halls then threw the poor girl into a cell. The man left and the girl cried her eyes out with legs brought up to her chest.

   My eyes snapped open in shock at what I just saw. I was very confused and wondered why I was seeing this but answers will come when needed. That's when the humming of the force calls and guides me into the Ghost then stops. I look around but didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

   "Kanan," I jumped then turned around to see Sabine.

   "You scared me," I said, calming myself.

   "Sorry," she apologized and I raised an eyebrow. I immediately knew that something was wrong. She would of laughed instead of apologizing for the scare.

   "What's wrong, Sabine?" I asked her.

   "I can't say," she said then tried to walk past me. Whatever was on her mind wanted to be set free from that mouth of hers. I stopped the artist in her tracks.

   "Why can't you tell me?" I asked.

   "Orders," was all she muttered then left deeper into the ship. I could think of one other person that would give orders. I made my way towards the cockpit and entered the room. The said twi'lek that I wanted to see was sitting in her seat pressing buttons.

   She turned the seat and smiled seeing me. "Hey love," she said then looked confused, "What's on your mind?"

   "Well..." I started and sat in the seat next to her. "I sensed something in the cargo bay and when I was looking, Sabine comes up behind me. Then she apologizes after scaring me."

"So what's the problem?" Hera asked raising an eyebrow.

"I can tell that she is hiding something and you know it," I said.

Hera seemed to rack her brain until a little realization sparked through the force.

"So you do know," I said then asked, "What's wrong with Sabine?"

Hera sighed then turned to face me. "Sabine was looking through some of Ezra's files and found something."

"What did she find?" I asked.

"I would tell you but I feel like Ezra should know about it first before anyone else. It's just eating Sabine away to keep it a secret," Hera told me. I nodded understanding the predicament of the situation.

"Alright," I nodded, "Thanks for telling me. Yet, there is just one thing that I don't understand."

"What is it?" She asked.

"Why isn't anyone telling him what the secret is?" I asked. Hera was about to speak when the door opened to reveal Zeb holding a scared Ezra in his grip.

"Found him snooping on the conversation," Zeb told us then dropped Ezra. The boy didn't have the gracefulness to land on his feet though.

"Thanks, Zeb" I said and the Lasat nodded before leaving. My attention went to my padawan who was standing up from the floor. He looked at the two of us then asked, "What are you hiding from me?"

I looked over at Hera who gave Ezra a guilty look.

"What was on my file?" He asked, hurt that we were keeping secrets of himself from him. I just kept glancing between the two as a silent war raged on in the thick air.

"I tell you guys everything but you hide a lot more things from me. Now you're hiding something from my files that I can't know?" He said with a mixture of anger and confusion.

"Ezra, let me explain," Hera started standing from her chair. Ezra backed up, I thought I saw hurt and fear in those blue eyes for a moment. Then he ran out the room without a second thought. The pilot was about to go after Ezra but I laid a hand on her shoulder.

"I'll talk to him. You give him some space for a while," I said looking into her green eyes. A mental war raged inside her head but soon silently agreed. Hera sat back down in her chair and continued pressing buttons. I left the cockpit and followed my padawan's force signature to the closet.

I opened the door and saw him sitting in the corner staring at the wall. I entered the small room then sat next to him. As soon as I sat, he hide his face from me and a small, muffled voice said, "Go away."

"Come on, talk to me," I ushered gently and elbowed him in the side gently.

"I did, I told you to 'go away' if you didn't hear me the first time," his muffled voice spoke, annoyed.

"Just think for a moment," I said, "There has to be a reason that they are keeping it from you."

"Still, I have the right to know," he replied with his head lifted up and looking at me.

"They are hiding the truth so later...you won't get hurt even more than you already are," I said.

"But I'm getting better," he angrily, "Why are they still hiding it?"

"You may think you are fine but anything can and will set you off in a mind that has been broken," I explained, "Broken minds are not easy to fix and sometimes..."

Ezra looked up at me with curiosity. "Sometimes what?" He asked, childishly.

"Sometimes...a broken mind can't be fixed at all and will end in bad results," I said looking him in the eyes.

"W-what kind of results?" He asked, scared.

"Sith," was all I had to say to get Ezra to shrink on himself. He stayed silent but the fear was undoubtedly there.

"It's ok," I said rubbing his back, "That's why the secret is being hidden. We all care to much for you to get hurt again."

Ezra nodded then laid his head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders and soothingly rubbed his arm while resting my chin on the top of his head.

"Do you want me to leave you alone for awhile?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but can you just stay a little longer?" He asked the last part quietly.

"Of course," I said and stayed.

Soon, I left the closet to let Ezra think for a while to clear his mind. Then walked down the hall to then bump into Sabine, who looked on the verge of ripping her hair out.

"Kanan, I really need to tell someone. Hera said it was ok to tell you," she rambled.

I was taken back by Sabine's guilt.

"I think you should tell Ezra before me," I said.

"Please, Kanan," she begged and I sighed.

"Fine, but you need to eventually tell, Ezra," I said, crossing my arms.

She hesitated before nodding in agreement then dragged me into her room.

"You see..." Sabine started then told me everything on what she found. When she finished, my eyes widen with this new information.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁