Chapter 10

Hera's P.O.V

A migraine settled in as my fingers drummed the surface of the chair's arm. I couldn't sleep nor think of an idea on how to rescue Kanan and Ezra. It was a heart shattering thought when realizing how impossible it was to think of a plan for a situation like this.

Especially, when no one wants to help us. If only my father knew how important Kanan and Ezra are, then he would probably help. Yet, this isn't the first impossible mission we've done when the odds were against us.

'Kanan was always with us,' I thought, bitterly. Except for that one time when he was captured by a different Grand Inquisitor. I didn't think we would ever see Kanan again but Ezra took the lead and things changed. We rescued him from the Empire and on top of that, another Inquisitor had fallen dead.

In a way, it was a miracle. Ezra was a miracle and a life saver that day. When we all thought hope of getting Kanan back was futile, Ezra wouldn't come to terms with it and set out to do it. At a time, I gave a strict order to go against saving Kanan then next thing that happened, I joined them.

The plan worked and Kanan was safe with us.

Now, both Jedi are in trouble and I'm not going to let Fulcrum ruin our chances of saving them. Not like last time.

"Hera," I looked up to see Sabine cradling a sleeping Sky. Those two sure have grown close since Kanan and Ezra were gone.

"Are we going to rescue Ezra and Kanan?" She asked, sitting in the copilot's seat. Worry was all we could think about and didn't even know if they are still alive. It would risk our lives for something good or just plain recklessness. But I believed they were alive and waiting for help.

"Yes," I answered, not sure if I even believed myself when saying it out load.

"It's just very complicated," I replied.

   A hand rested on my shoulder and I looked up to see Sabine smiling.

   "We know it's going to be risky and chances of getting us all out unharmed are sketchy. But we believe in you Hera. You are their last chance to be saved, we all are their last chance," she said.

   "I get it's tough trying to get out of this hard place but we all will have your back to help save them whether you like it or not."

   I smiled and looked out the window at the planet.

   "Hera."

   I reached for my comm and replied, "Yeah, Zeb?"

   "You might want to came and see this," he said. Sabine and I gave each other a look before standing up.

   "Where are you?" I asked.

   "Back guns."

   We made our way to the back guns to find Zeb sitting in the seat. Out the window were a couple of familiar ships.

   Chopper came rolling in a kept saying that I was getting a transmission in my room. I ran in the direction of my room and shut the door before answering the call.

   My father came up and looked at me with...compassion?

   "Hera...I thought over what you said and now I realize how bad of a father I was to you. Ever since your mother died, I thought you needed space but what you really needed was me. Right now you need me and so here I am," he said.

   I thought I would cry at the moment but instead smiled confidentiality.

   "Thank you," I replied, softly. He smiled then asked, "So, how are we going to save them?"