Could you Forgive my Betrayal?

A man stood over the body of a woman who had claimed she loved him. Instead, she had betrayed him, plotted against him, and for that, she had paid dearly. He watched as his lovers body began to glow softly, her shape morphing into that of a small crystalline songbird. Before the man had time to crush it, the bird had already flown away. The man grit his teeth in anger, as he watched his once shred of light and happiness slip through his grasp. Never for him to see again, he thought.

               The bird flew far away, to a different world entirely, a world filled with peace and pure tranquility. The songbird landed gently on the shoulder of a young bald man meditating in front of a pond. The bird chirped softly into his ear, almost like sharing a secret. Moving his head to the side lightly, he smiled, “You have done well. I deeply regret what happened to you for your part in all of this, your choice was not an easy one to make for anyone in your place. The councel decided that you would be given a second chance at living, in a more peaceful world then the one you had left Nether Guardian.”

               He moved his finger towards the bird, motioning for it to get on. And with a swift move of his hand the bird flew into the pond, only to be engulfed within another brightly. The bird shape began to change once more, into that of a girl slightly younger then what the bird was originally. The man smiled, “Take care Nether Guardian, know that I will be watching over you, and do not let the power of Nether consume you.” Within a flash the girl was gone from the pond.