Chapter 1: The Watch

It started as just a normal Saturday, with Star in her room practicing spells, and Marco taking a walk around outside. Mr. and Mrs. Diaz were on a Hawaiian vacation, so the rebel princess and the Safe Kid were alone for the weekend.

     Marco rounded the corner of the block, whistling, when he stopped in his tracks. In front of him was a little store, with an awning stating in small type, "Simon's Hypnosis Store". The sign on the wide window said "Open".
"I wonder if I could hypnotize Jackie to fall in love with me", thought Marco, as he pushed open the door to the shop.

   8 minutes later, he left the store, clenching a bag between his hands. In it was a small, golden pendulum, which shined in the light like a diamond. The boy chuckled as he headed back home, obviously pleased with himself. Then he realized something: how could he know the watch actually worked and wasn't a dud? He decided a plan to test it out on Star to see.

   Marco walked in the house quietly. He peeked into Star's room. "Star?" "Yes, Marco?" said Star, skipping across the room to Marco. "Check out this cool watch I got Jackie" Marco said while swinging the shimmering watching in front of Star's eyes. "Oh yeah, that's really...cool...Marco..." murmured Star, her eyes following the watch like a cat. "Yes, isn't it pretty, Star?" said Marco, grinning. "Yesss...so pretty..." Star murmured, unable to look away from the swinging pendulum. "You are sleepy...sooo sleepy..." Marco said. "Yesss...so...sleepy..." Star said in a far-away voice, her eyelids already beginning to drop. "Doesn't it feel good to listen to my voice, Star?" "So...good..." droned the hypnotized princess. "You want to obey me, right?" Marco said, smiling ear to ear. A grin spread on Star's sleepy face. "Yessss...masterrr..." she slurred. "Good. And when I snap my fingers, you will be my slave. You will obey my every command." *SNAP* Star's pupils shrank, and she put her hands out like a zombie. "I must obey" she said in an eerie monotone voice.