3

The first thing most people notice about Jaebum are his narrow eyes. He gave everyone a soul-piercing glare that warded them off. Then there was the look he gave Youngjae. His bright smile was always apparent and his eyes were barely even visible.

Jaebum became Youngjae's roommate through an ad the younger had posted. Youngjae was lonely and thought that having a roommate would fix that, and it did. The only thing he didn't anticipate was to catching feelings for the older. He used to be scared of Jaebum, when the older first moved in all that Youngjae got was money for the rent and that same scary glare. Soon Jaebum opened up, let younger in, and they became best friends.

Youngjae knew the older was a playboy, a cold hearted one at that. He was the type of guy that would never have sex with the same person twice; it just wasn't his style. When the younger caught feelings for Jaebum he could immediately feel the conflict in his heart and head. He knew he would be treated the same way Jaebum treated all his hookups. And Youngjae didn't want that at all, he wanted to be loved and cared for. If his significant other couldn't provide those simple things, then they obviously weren't meant for Youngjae.

The younger's attraction for Jaebum was growing at a very fast pace and he couldnt stop. Everyday his heart would beat faster and faster around the male. Soon it was to the point where he could barely control it. Of course there was something in the way, Jaebum started having one night stands again after stopping for a month. And that alone broke the Youngjae's small, fragile heart. He was back to the very beginning and the younger couldn't help but feel discarded.

Why did Jaebum always have to do this to Youngjae? Build him up as big as a skyscraper and then knock him down like a stack of building blocks. It was becoming unbearable at this point and Youngjae's heart kept yearning even more for something it couldn't have.

Jaebum was an impractical goal and the younger knew he had set himself up for failure. The older male thought of him as a friend and Youngjae wanted to be way more than that. He wanted all of the Jaebum's love and no one could have it, the exception being himself. Everything was starting to unwind and Jaebum was just out of reach for Youngjae.