Percy almost fell off of his seat. He felt faint. His mouth was dry. His head was spinning. He was at loss for words. It was a lot to take in. Eventually, he was able to come up with a response.
"S-so does that mean I'm... Cursed?"
Nancy bit her lip and nodded, staring at him worriedly.
"Quite a bad one, too." She whispered, slipping the paper back into the dummy's top pocket.
"What's going to happen to me?" Percy asked, rising from his seat. Nancy sighed.
"Whoever reads it becomes bound to him. He can control what they do, and from the sounds of things, he doesn't treat them nicely." She replied, lowering her voice as if it was listening to what she had to say.
"Percy... If you read this..." she whispered, leaning in closer, "you're his slave..."
Suddenly, the room was spinning. Percy staggered backwards, falling over his seat. He fell back onto the edge of Nancy's breakfast bar, hitting his head. There was a loud crack and everything went dark as he slipped into unconsciousness...
There was a reoccurring dream Percy kept having during the time he was knocked out. One where he was running away from the dummy, which had grown more twisted in this nightmare. It was now taller than Percy, with long, white fingers that would reach out and try to grab him, bulging eyes that wobbled in their sockets, messy brown hair that stuck up in spikes, and it's wide mouth never closed, just bobbing up and down as it laughed in a piercing tone that echoed around the blackness. The nightmare would always end with the dummy's long, bony hands wrapping around his neck, and then it would suck out his soul, and he would become the wooden dummy, and it would become a Horror. The puppet becoming the puppeteer...
Eventually, he came to, only to find himself back in his apartment, lying on his bed in his pyjamas. At first he thought the whole ordeal had been a dream, until he saw a familiar canine standing over him.
"Dr Fox..." Percy groaned.
Dr Ronnie Fox was the doctor who treated the Horrors when they got sick. He didn't live in the park, but he worked in the hospital nearby. He wasn't just a fox by name, but also a fox by nature. He literally had a fox's head, and Horrorland was the only place where he could show his true face.
You see, there are monsters living all around us. But, of course, they have to live in disguise. There are many different ways they can hide: some can naturaly shapeshift, but there are also artificial ways they can change too, like potions to drink. Horrors disguise themselves quite often, in fact.
"You fell backwards and hit your head on your neighbours breakfast bar" Dr Fox explained, "she called me right away when you didn't respond to any of the-" he sighed and lowered his head "-'spells' she was 'casting' on you."
"Will I be alright?" Percy groaned. He felt groggy from being knocked out all day, and there was a throbbing pain on the right side of his head. Dr Fox took off his glasses and began to clean them.
"Well, I think you'll be okay," he said, before lifting his head up and giving some more harrowing news.
"Except for... one thing..."
Percy began to ask what it was, but there was a throbbing pain in the back of his head. Reaching his hand up to rub it, he gasped. His right horn had snapped in two...
He screamed and leaped out of bed. This couldn't be happening. Not to him. Not right now. He knew he must've hit it when he fell backwards, but he had a lingering feeling that something more sinister was at play. Just then, the doorbell rang. Dr Fox turned to the door, but it was Percy who had to open it. His hands were trembling. He couldn't let anyone see him like this!
But that was the least of his worries once he saw who was behind the door.
For there it was. Staring up into his eyes, it's wide smiling mouth hanging open in a mocking laugh...