To the pretty girl who earned his heart

I'm not gonna lie, I can see why he would like you.

You were pretty, you were kind, you were generous. You were funny. All the traits a guy could ever want.

I was just his seatmate, the girl who always fought with him in silly ways.

He was my happiness, but you were his.

You don't notice the way he looks at you, those little glances he gives you to make sure you're okay. When he laughs, the first person he looks at is you. When he comes inside the classroom, his eyes are scanning the room for you. When class ends, he doesn't leave the school until you do.

When you cried, he didn't notice. I told him the next day, and his eyes widened, surprise evident on his face. He asked me why, and who hurt you. I didn't know.

You don't notice, but I do. I am his seatmate, and his friend. I felt as if I was just in the middle of the two of you.

When I catch him looking at me, I'm surprised, but in a pleasant way.

Now that I think about it, the reason why he looks at me is because you're always beside me. The reason why he talks to me is because I'm a close friend of yours.

August 8, the day my heart cracked. He asked you if you could give him a chance. If you would let him court you.

And you agreed. The whole class cheered that day, and so did I. Although it wasn't much. I couldn't bring myself to act as happy as I did.

He was my friend, and you were my friend, too. Why wouldn't I?

Ever since then, you two have been close, though not in school. I could tell. I read your conversation with him. He asked if you ate yet, and if you were sick, sleep early so it wont get worse.

Please dont hurt him.

You two aren't official yet, but please, take care of him for me. I want to see him happy, I want to see him laughing, full of love.

And if his happiness means being with you, then there's nothing I can do. There's nothing I will do.

Because if he's happy, then I am too.