Goodbye

Awoken by the chirping of the birds outside her window, Jossy jumped out of bed and got changed. She raced down the stairs, desperate for some food when she noticed a note on the refrigerator.

'HI DARLING, I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING TODAY. THERE IS SOME CAKE IN THE CUPBOARD. IT'S THE WEEKENDS. HAVE SOME NICE REST AT HOME.

LOVE, MUM XOXO'

Jossy opened the fridge and grabbed some milk and drank it. That was her breakfast, what she drank every morning.

After breakfast, Jossy decided to take a trip to the local park. She was surprised to see Hipo waiting outside the door. Jossy was really happy to see her. She hugged her, but this time, her hands went through her body again.

"Hello Jossy, I'm Hipo." the kitten spoke.

"OMG YOU CAN TALK!" Jossy was very startled.

"Yes I can, and i have come here to tell you that I will disappear very soon, and you will soon lose the ability to see animal ghosts."

"But why? Don't leave me, Hipo"

"Sorry Jossy, but I have to. I am here to say goodbye, forever. I will never forget you."

"But, but..."

"No buts, I must go now. Here is something for you." A whirl of blue dust came flying into Jossy's hand and before she knew it, Hipo had disappeared, leaving a blue pendant in her hands. Jossy squeezed her hands tight.

"HIPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" she screamed, but not a sound replied. She was devastated. Everything was so sudden! Tears of sadness filled her eyes. She popped the pendant in her pocket and miserably started walking. She was walking on the road and a car was driving into her. Jossy did not notice. The car beeped. Jossy screamed, but she didn't get run over. The pendant was shining a blue light and it made the car stop. 'I will always be here.' whispered a voice. It was Hipo. Jossy suddenly felt very warm in her heart and realized that she was not alone. She had her besties, her mother and Hipo's pendant that protected her. She felt relieved. Happily, she skipped home.

Jossy's life was normal once again!