uno

"Just please bring me the water jug, Rose." My step dad Anthony said.

"Fineee." I complained.

I had moved in with my stepdad and my mom a couple days ago after my actual father died. I'm not the kid who will mope around for moths so right now I am trying t6o make the best of living in a new state all the way across the country.

when my parents got a divorce my dad moved to Washington, I know not a great place for kids, and my mom moved to North Carolina.

because of my dads recent death I had to fly across the country and move in with my rancher mom and her new football coach husband. no I have nothing against Anthony but he will never be my real dad.

I grabbed the giant water jug and filled it up. next I struggled my way to put this in the bed of moms old truck then drive off.

soon I got to the high-school and called Anthony again.

"where are you?" he asked more worried about the water than me.

"I'm parked by the junior high and there is no way is hell that I'm going to be able to carry this over" I said stating the facts.

"Grier! go to the junior-high parking lot and find a blonde girl help her carry the water jug" I heard him yell.

"i'm sending someone over." he said

"ok thanks." I said right before hanging up. I would've so much rathered dragging the cooler than dealing with a hot and sweaty football kid.

a couple minutes later I could see this 'Grier' kid jogging over.

"hey" he said, his breath iffy from the running.

"hi" I said as awkwardly as, well, me.

"My name is Grier, Hayes, Grier" he said as if he was in a James Bond movie.

"cool, well I'm martin, Rose, Martin."

"i haven't seen you before are you new?" he asked curiously picking up the jug easily and starting to walk.

"yea actually I just moved here from Seattle." I stated simply.

"cool a city girl, how do you know coach Biggs?" he asked

"oh well he's my step dad i just moved in with him and my mom." I said with a more upset tone.

"oh that's cool but I would never want to live with my gym teacher and coach." he stated laughing

"he's the gym teacher too?!?!" i said not knowing if I was more surprised or angry

he just chuckled, "yea"

"damnit." I mumbled under my breath.

"Hayes stop talking and get back to playing." Anthony interrupted

I hadn't even realized we were already at the field.

Hayes set the jug down at the benches then put his helmet on and got back to the drills.

I walked over to 'coach Biggs' just stood there.

"what?" he asked as if I was creepily staring at him, which I most definitely was not.

" nothing." I said before walking off.

I got ten feet before I stopped.

"god damnit I have no clue where I'm going." I thought then boom.

something nailed me in the head. Everything went black and then thud, I fell even unconscious me knows i fell.

"Oh Shit!"i heard someone yell.

"damnit Stephen! go get her to a trainer now." I heard Anthony yell.

someone, I'm assuming Stephen, then picked up my lifeless seeming body and carried me to what I assume was a trainer.

Stephen talked to the trainer but my brain hurt too much to process.

it felt like hours which it probably was but eventually I woke up.

I saw a pretty cute guy who I think is that Stephen kid staring at me.

"she woke up!" he said at a yell whisper to who i am assuming is the trainer.

a middle aged man then walked next to him.

"Hey sweetie my name is Derek I'm your doctor for right now; how are you feeling?"Derek asked.

"my head is blaring everything seems like it is spinning." he said

"sweetie can you tell me what you had for breakfast?" he asked

"ummmmmm...I don't really know."

he continued to ask me questions that just made my brain hurt.

"I think you have a concussion." he diagnosed, "What happened."

"umm I don't-" I was cut off. "he was walking from the field and I missed a pass that caused her to get nailed in the head. she fell over and passed out." the kid said again.

I think I passed out before I fell." I added

" that's not good, you should get home and get some rest I can drive you." Derek stated

"nah I'll drive her after all it is my fault." Stephen said kinda upset.

"its not your fault" I said to him as he helped me into his car.

I disagree but no need to start a fight with an adorable injured girl." he said causing me to laugh.

"puppies are adorable I'm just straight out ugly but thanks."

we started a mini argument on that until I broke it by asking where Anthony was

"he was freaking out and convinced him to put me under control, I sad he could cut me if you got seriously injured." he said seriously.

"country boys take their sports seriously damn."

"wait what about my moms truck?"i asked

"i've got it."he said.

we continued to talk, mainly about Seattle and North Carolina and food, of course, until we arrived at the house

he helped me out of the truck and to the front door which I didn't really need.

I unlocked the door and he helped me upstairs to my empty room.

then he walked back down to talk to Anthony.

"your daughter is now upstairs resting, Derek said she has a minor concussion and should miss the next few days of school." he said.

"thank you; you may go now."

"yes sir, he said before leaving.

goddamn I have great ears I could hear them from all the way upstairs. sadly my first day is being move back to Wednesday (today is Sunday, she got here Friday midday)

finally I drifted to sleep and dreamt about Zac Efron.