Chapter 3

At the Eraklyon Palace, King Arandor strides back and fourth as he is apprehensive, while Bloom comes in delighted with exhilarating news. What Bloom does not know is that her father will not be pleased to find that she and Hajari are getting married. Why? Because it is a protracted story and a sad one between Arandor and Oritel.

"Father!" Bloom said, walking into the throne room. 

Arandor does not face Bloom. Arandor just has his back turned to Bloom looking at the golden wall. "A queen's happiness is the happiness of the kingdom," Arandor said, not so keen.

"I wanted you to be the first to know that Hajari and I are getting married!" Bloom cheered. Then, Arandor growls and angrily turns around.  "Huh, what's wrong?"

"It's-it's out of the question! You mustn't!"

"What are you talking about? We love each other."

"Forget about love. You will not marry Oritel's son!" Arandor angrily yelled as the word 'son'  keeps echoing.  "Don't ask me why. Just promise me you will not marry him!"

"But this is crazy. What are you hiding from me? Tell me."

"The truth is a curse that's been tormenting me for ages."

"What curse? And what does Hajari have to do with it? I want to know. The truth!"

"It's here, Bloom. It's always been here. Hiding in plain sight. Too much to bare and too big to erase. All I can do is hide, but the time has come for you to see it. Out of fear, I betrayed a dear friend and condemned an entire city." Arandor pushes onto the golden wall and it opens as a golden figurine case emerges with an old, oxidized brown scroll on the inside. Arandor opens the case and hands the scroll to Bloom. "Here, I just wrote it down for you so that one day you would understand. The kingdom of Domino-Solaria faced a terrible injustice and it was all because of me. The only way to make amends was is to not marry any of Oritel's children and hope that Hajari will forget you. What was done can never be forgiven." 

Bloom reads the scroll as her eyes twinkle with tears. Then, she runs out of the throne room sobbing uncontrollably.

Back at Domino Palace, Oritel and Marion are at the dining table, drinking tea.

"Have you been in touch with Arandor?" Marion asked.

"I've been trying to reach him for a few days, but oh! Look who it is," Oritel said, referring to Hajari---gaily grinning, approaching his parents.

"Good morning, Hajari. You look chipper," Marion said.

"Hajari, you disappeared without a trace. I wonder why. Oh, right. Bloom is back," Oritel said. "Did you go riding with Peg?" 

Hajari does not answer and just closes his eyes as he holds his heart. Oritel and Marion look at each other, perplexed.

"Mom. Dad. Bloom and I are getting married!" Hajari cheered. 

Marion stands up from her chair and embraces her son, while Oritel starts asphyxiating uncontrollably.

"Oh, Hajari, what wonderful news. I'm so happy for you," Marion said. 

Oritel is still trying to breathe as he is still choking. Hajari and his mother are not even paying attention to him.

"I hope so," Hajari said.

"Have you already told your foster parents? What do Tia and Charlie think?"

"Mom, we just proposed. Gimme sometime." 

Oritel drinks some Tea and finally stops choking.

"Sorry, you know that we don't get this kind of stuff everyday," Marion replied.