PROLOGUE

Two months ago...

The rain poured against the top of the car as the young girl looked out the window, impatiently waiting to see the hospital.

Katherine Parker was told to turn herself in as soon as possible and Sheriff Keller would come by later to check everything with the nurses. The brunette couldn't help, but already miss her home. Although, it wasn't actually Riverdale that she would miss, the girl was missing the people in it: Jughead Jones, Cheryl Blossom, Veronica Lodge, Betty Cooper, Archie Andrews, Kevin Keller, and a small part of her still missed Fiona. She couldn't help, but wonder whether her mother was caught.

"We're here, Miss." Ronald softly spoke, snapping Kat out of her thoughts. The young brunette saw the enormous building right before her eyes. The place looked more like a mansion rather than a psychiatric hospital. Katherine wanted to question Ronald whether they came to the right place, until she read the sign beside the building.

"Wow." She whispered, taking in the sight of the beautiful hospital. The girl stepped out of the car and took the bag the elder man handed her.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked with concern. Ronald has been the personal driver of the Parker family even before Adam died. He thought of the Parker girl as his own daughter.

"You asked me that the last time I was sick," Katherine pursed her lips, anxiously playing with her fingers,
"I just can't help, but feel selfish. I left my friends to deal with everything back in Riverdale, and--"

"There is nothing selfish about recovery, dear." Ronald interrupted the girl in front of him, giving her a reassuring smile.

After some time, the two waved each other goodbye and the brunette started walking towards the psychiatric hospital. As soon as she walked through the doors, a strong scent of fresh mint hit her nose. The main lobby looked as if it was a ball room. The floor was covered in marble and the huge glass chandelier above was the spotlight of the lobby.

"You must be Katherine." The young girl jerked her head towards a woman not much older than her, holding a file with the girl's name on it. She simply nodded, earning a polite smile from the lady in front of her,
"I am Ms Dean, but the patients usually call me Felicity. I'm your assigned therapist, so if you ever feel any discomfort, you come to me."

"Wow," Kat breathed out,
"This feels more like a 5 star hotel rather than a psych ward."

Felicity let out a chuckle, shaking her head. She told the brunette to follow her into another room, which was probably the therapist's office. Kat was told to sit down on one of the chairs, now facing Felicity Dean, who had put a pair of glasses as she read the girl's file. Then, the woman faced the girl in front of her, who was uncomfortably fidgeting with her fingers,
"So, why are you here?"