02| Hideaway

CHAPTER TWO

HIDEAWAY

Two months ago...

Katherine had lost track of time. The four days that she spent at the psychiatric hospital felt like a year. Is this what madness truly feels like, the brunette constantly asked herself as she laid in her room, sobbing at the thought of Riverdale. The place that Kat called home since she was little. The night outs at Pop's with Cheryl or Jug. Veronica's enormous closet. Archie's dog Vegas. Pop's cocktail cherries. She missed it all. The brunette quietly cried herself to sleep, knowing that the next morning she'll wake up with a bad headache.

♢♢♢

Once again, the routine was the same as every other day. Katherine felt as if she was hanging by a string and could break down in tears at any moment. Screw me for thinking this place was great, the girl thought as she brushed her teeth to the point of making her gums hurt and bleed a slight bit.
Then, she remembered Maddox, who had not appeared since their first interaction. The poor boy was in this hell-hole for two damn years. She couldn't help, but feel sympathy towards the brunet.

Speaking of which...

"We meet again, Katherine Parker." The now familiar voice sounded behind the girl as she waited for the counselor to show up to group therapy. The dark haired boy sat on the chair next to her,
"Ah, group therapy is my favorite part of the day. I mean, you get to listen to other people's problems and compare them to your own. How cool is that?"

"Very cool, indeed." Kat sarcastically replied as she rolled her eyes at the boy's vexing personality. And then once again, she thought of how similar the two were.
After all, Katherine Parker was considered as the most vexing bitch of Riverdale High.

"What are you in here for, anyway?" Maddox asked the question the Parker girl despised the most. She could feel her fists tighten as she harshly bit on her lower lip. The girl felt all of her emotions wanting to burst out. Anger, sadness, anxiety - you name it. The Parker girl had enough...

"You're a pain in the ass, you know?!" She snapped at the boy, her lips slightly trembling. The sudden outburst turned out to be much louder than she expected, making everybody turn their attention to the girl, including the counselor who had just entered the room.

"Ms Katherine!" The older woman yelled as she dropped a stack of files on the table with a thump,
"This is not the way to behave during a group therapy, especially around sensitive people! You can finish your session with Ms Dean."

Katherine didn't even protest. She shot the brunet beside her a death glare and walked away, slamming the door on her way. If looks could kill, Maddox would be six feet under the ground. However, he didn't feel guilty, not one bit. In fact, he was even more fascinated by the brunette.