Chapter 2

"Good morning, Miss Nerdy!" Clark welcomed me loudly as ever.

Everyone in the shop turned their backs and looked at me. I just smiled and then they all got back to their own businesses. I'm kind of used to it. I walked towards the counter where he is standing.

"Don't you have anything good to say to me? I know I look weird wearing glasses. But you don't have to call me a nerd!" I whispered back to him sneering.

Clark Dunst owns the most popular coffee shop in our town. Some rumours say that he's already a billionaire and he keeps his money in his bath tub just like one of the government officials of the Philistine who stole the fund of their country. Well, it happened somewhere in the Far East. It is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard about Clark. He's been my friend ever since his shop started operating for like two years ago.

"Nice tee shirt you got there! So what do you like? Your favourite? Or your favourite?" He asked knowingly.

"Thanks for the real compliment! I bought this from an awesome online store. Anyway, I'd like to get the first one." I said immediately.

"Bon choix! Je vais vous préparer un thé au lait. Juste attendre une minute ou deux." he spoke in French.

I found a comfy coach just near at the counter. I sat back and closed my eyes. I'm Eve. Eve McDough. My surname doesn't really sounds like a surname. It's more of like the famous fast food restaurant in the world. I have 4 siblings but the three already got married. I'm the youngest in the family. We had lived in Red Woods just 15 kilometres away from here. I'm just 17 but I decided to just live on my own and they took me in this town called, Hugworth. It was really weird when they all agreed about it. They gave me the key of our ancestral house which is definitely big for me. It's located at Greenwitch Street. I thought they drank a pesticide and all of their pest worries were gone. They even gave me a debit and credit card. My family is a millionaire but we are keeping it a secret. I felt so lucky but I'm missing them already. Mum called yesterday and told me that they would migrate in Lawndown (It's one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen...in the pictures.). She tried to convince and even hypnotize me to go with them but I seriously refused. Whatever was in my mind, I really don't know. I just didn't like the idea of leaving this town. Perhaps all I really wanted is to be independent.

"Sorry for making you wait, Eve. Here's your milk tea." A voice of a girl said.

I opened my eyes and found my order on the table. I looked at the counter and Clark waved at me. It was the waitress, Alex, who gave my order. She's been working here like forever. She's an absolutely loyal worker of Clark.

"Thank you." I silently mouthed the words.

"The shop will be closed in fifteen minutes." Alex reminded me.

"Oh. Why it's too early? You should open this shop until 8 p.m. so I could go back later this evening." I demanded.

"Uh, Miss McDough, I don't want to ever disappoint you but I will go to Pourees for a business meeting and tomorrow is my flight. The shop will be closed for a week or so. Just make your own milk tea for the meantime." Clark explained.

"Oh wow! That's cool! All of you guys are leaving!" I blurted out.

Clark and Alex have been my close friends though I'm not the same age with them. Clark is 26 and Alex is 25. I treat them as my older brother and sister. So whenever I go in the coffee shop, they don't let me pay. Not a single penny. Yeah, I'm so lucky. That rhymes very well. I'm already staying here for about a month and a half but I still haven't made new friends. What the hell, taco bell!

"How's your day going anyway? Are you still fantasizing of being a detective"? Clark asked while he's walking towards where I am.

"Yes. Though it may seem so impossible at the moment, I kind of still want to be one." I sighed.