Chapter 5 - school enrollment

"Charlotte! Wake up!" Ari woke me up. "Huh? What? Oh, it's morning already. Hi Ari." I answered. Ari was on my bed, shaking me so I would wake up. Oh, just in case you haven't noticed yet, I'm a really heavy sleeper.

"Yesterday at the police station I made you a new identification card, here it is." She said, passing me a card with my old photo on it. Wow, that photo was taken years ago.

"Uh okay." I said. "Don't lose it! We'll have to make a new one if you lose it. You're going to need this for bus rides and train rides, too. But I don't think you'll be taking public transport because I'll be picking you up all the time." Ari explained.

She told me that she was going to enroll me into Cali's best high school later today, so she wants me to dress formally. "Leave a good impression for the principal, so we'll have a higher chance of getting accepted.

It's the middle of the school term, it's a hard decision for the principal to make." Ari said. Wow, she really sounding like a mom now. I just nodded and went to brush up. When I was done, I rushed down to level one and get my breakfast.

"Pancakes for breakfast!" Ari yelled to both her mom, me and Frankie. (He stayed for the night) Frankie plopped down on a seat next to his mom, or, my grandma. I sat next to Ari. The pancakes were delicious, I can't believe Ari's such a good cook!

"These are amazing," I praised Ari. "Thanks Charlotte!" She said with a grin that's probably bigger than her face.

- at the school -

"Sunville high school," I read the school banner. Hmm, I heard that Avril Lavigne's daughter and Katy Perry's daughter enrolled here too, that's why the school was so popular.

Wait until people hear that Ariana Grande enrolls her adopted daughter too. After asking a few people and students for directions to the principal room, we finally came in front of it. "Here goes." Ari said.

Both of us held our breath because this is the first time Ari is enrolling someone into a school and this is the first time I've ever met a principal in like, ages.

My parents pulled me out of school when I was like grade 3, and I've never studied from then. How can I enroll into Cali's best high school? I'm probably the worst idiot around here. Ari knocked on the wooden door.

"Come in." We heard a voice inside say. Ari pushed the squeaky door open and we saw a young guy.

"Well, hello Miss Ariana. This must be your daughter. Mdm. Joan has already called me and said you'll be here." The principal greeted us.

Both Ari and I bowed in front of him and he bowed back. "Yes, hi Mr. Henderson. This is my daughter, Charlotte. Charlotte, greet Mr. Henderson."

I cleared my throat in silence and greeted him in the most polite manner I could. He seemed please. "Please, have a seat Miss Grande and Charlotte." we sat down as we were instructed. "May I know the age of this young lady?" Mr. Henderson asked Ari, pointing to me. Ari looked at me.

"What's your age? I forgot." Ari whispered to me. "13," I whispered back. She gave me the "okay" sign and went back to Mr. Henderson. "Sir, she's 13 this year." He nodded. "May I know which school she enrolled in before this?" He asked.

"Ummmm..." Ari didn't know which school I was in last time! "Greenderland primary. It was a private school." I answered for her without even thinking.

Wait, greenderland? Even I have never heard of it. "Oh, I've never heard of it." He replied, but he wasn't suspicious. Phew. After asking a ton more questions (which Ari answered truthfully, all of them), he finally accepted me into his school!

"School begins tomorrow, Charlotte. Your class is 7-Kindness, meet them at the hall. Don't be late, classes start at 7.30am." I nodded. Oh good, I have to wake up so early now.

----−

How was chapter five? :D

Chapter 6 is gonna be better I guess, cos she'll be going to school and there's gonna be more drama and new characters! Unexpected things happen too. Read on!