Chapter Seven

While Toota was speaking to his mother, Bright stood outside awkwardly.  It had been a lot to process and his brain was finally catching up.  How had he never noticed Toota was gay?  Toota had happily accompanied him whenever he wanted to see the girls he liked.  That wasn't the only thing that had shocked Bright.  Toota was a son of a politician.

He decided not to think about it too hard.  It was giving him a headache.

"So N' Bright, how do you know my brother?" Toota's sister asked politely.

"I'm a friend from school P'."

"You didn't know anything about him or us before?" Toota's brother asked.  He seemed intimidating and suspicious.

"No, I didn't, I never asked."  Bright looked at Toota's sister who seemed distressed.  "P' don't worry, I spoke to him, he will come home."

She smiled at him "Thanks a lot N', you are a good friend."

"If I had known Ai Toota had a pretty sister like you I would have convinced him sooner, P'," Bright said in a teasing voice making Toota's sister blush.

"I can't leave you for five minutes without you hitting on my sister, jackass," Toota said glaring at him.

"Let's go get your things," Toota's brother said to Toota. Bright nodded at him encouragingly.

He was happy.  Toota didn't deserve to suffer.  He was going to make sure Toota would never suffer again.

******************************

They were supposed to be studying.  Instead Bright was playing a video game seated on the floor while Toota laid on Bright's bed scrolling through his phone, sighing loudly.

"What?  Toota's little boyfriend didn't text him back?" Bright asked without taking his eyes off the screen.

Toota kicked Bright on the shoulder, "Shut up!  You know I don't do boyfriends."

"Right, then why are you stalking his pictures and sighing like a fucking widow?"

"I'm not stalking his pictures!"

Bright put his controller away and craned his neck to face Toota.  He was feeling insulted.  Did Toota really think he could fool Bright?

"Why are you upset?  Usually, you don't care," he asked.

"I know, this was supposed to be a one night stand too.  But then he was really sweet the next day and I sort of liked him too.  Forget it... it was too good to be true anyway.  He could have said he wasn't interested rather than ignore me you know."

Bright smirked at Toota.

"You should be like me.  See?  No emotional investments, no drama."

"That's because you can't find a single girl who will like you," Toota replied dryly.

"Hey!" Bright exclaimed standing up.  "Girls line up for me!  It's just that I'm not interested.  Relationships are too much work."

"Your hands don't count."

"Do you want to die, Ai Toota?"

"When was the last time you went out with a girl?"

Bright thought hard, "Fine... you win.  Maybe I should come over to your side. Who needs girls anyway." 

"Please do us a favor, don't"  Toota replied shuddering.

"Say, Ai Toota, what does it feel like to kiss a guy?" Bright asked.