Reveal

They walked past the hill that still caused Almiria to visible shudder and her throat to close slightly. Even Fuka could feel the chill in the air, it was rumoured to be left from Mikasuki's scream. Almiria quietly opened the barn, quickly but carefully looking out for any Gjallerhorn soldiers or anyone, for that matter.
"Fuka, meet Aiko," Almiria whispered.They went inside and Aiko ran into her arms;

"Almiria!" She called,
"I've told you not to do that!" Almiria scolded but hugging her back all the same, "it's dangerous."
"Yeah, yeah, I know. Who's this?" She asked when she spotted Fuka.
"Hello, you must be Aiko. I'm Fuka."
"You're really pretty." She replied.

The three girls sat and chatted for a while, mostly about Fuka and Takaki. When Aiko went off to grab one of her drawings to show them Almiria turned to Fuka and said;
"She's Mikasuki's and Atra's. She knows but Mika, Mika doesn't. I don't trust McGillis, that's why I haven't told him." Fuka just nodded, not really sure how to take the information that had just been fed to her. "I raised her myself. "
"Does McGillis know?"

 "Of course not. Not after what he did to everyone else related to Tekkadan. You can't let anyone here know that Takaki is your brother for your own safety. It sounds crazy but I can't bring myself to tell anyone what my husband did because it's my fault too and I can't let it happen to you." 

"What happened to them?" She asked, putting her hands in her lap. "What happened to Atra?" Almiria squeezed her eyes shut, 

"I can't tell you. Especially not Atra." At that moment Aiko bounced back in carrying a picture, Almiria and Fuka plastered on fake smiles and awed at the drawing. 

There was a bang on the roof, 

"Aiko, hide, now, now!" Almiria whispered the panic edible in her tone and Aiko scuffled back into the shadows, Almiria hid the picture under her top and looked at Fuka for reassurance, Fuka stared blankly and whispered, also clearly terrified, 

"What do we do?"

"I don't know." They stared at the ceiling towards the footsteps that were moving towards a skylight at a fast pace, Almiria gripped Fuka's hand tightly, first, they saw his black boots, followed by khaki green trousers. Then he jumped, from the roof and landed about three foot away from the girls, landed almost on two feet but used his arm for support. He flicked his hair out of his face and looked around, breathing heavily, he spotted the girls who were by this point hugging each other in fear, despite the fact that Almiria was relieved that he wasn't in a Gjallarhorn uniform. 

"Hello there," he said, shifting his weight, "Who do we have here?" Almiria stood up and stepped forward, as she did so he stuttered, "You, you are, you are... Lady Fareed." He fell to his knee, a worried look crossing his face, "My deepest apologies." 

"Bauduin," Almiria started, "Anyway that's not important, who are you?" she asked crossing her arms, 

"I'm Senshi. I shouldn't be here," he looked around furiously, 

"That's right you shouldn't." Almiria responded, "Now tell me, Senshi, what exactly are you doing here and who are you?" He stood up straighter,

"I am Private Senshi of the Protection Fleet and supposedly Mobile Suit Pilot..." 

"Supposedly?" Almiria inquired, 

"There were, complications," Almiria gave him a look that persisted for more information, "I had an operation, for the program that Lord Fareed organised after he got into power, the program included taking fifty human debris and installing the  Alaya-Vijnana implants. It worked in twenty-five, well twenty-four.

"I survived the treatment and they thought that it worked so we were put through trials but   I couldn't do it. It didn't matter what suit they put me in, I just couldn't control it.  Not the way the others could, not even the way you're supposed to without the Alaya-Vijnana and it didn't matter what mobile suit they put me in. I was of no use so I got kicked out." He sighed.

"Did they ever find out what was wrong?" Fuka asked, 

"Wrong? What was wrong was the bloody invention of that thing during the Calamity war. That's what was wrong!" Almiria snapped at her, "My apologies, please continue, Senshi."

 "No, I was so ashamed and this is the first time I have come back." 

"So you've come to kill McGillis Fareed?" Almiria questioned imposingly, 

"Well I..." he stuttered, 

"No, it's fine. Maybe you can help us," she held out her hand, "Welcome to the team, Senshi."