Welcome

For Almiria and Fuka it was reasonably easy to leave, they just walked out of the front door. But for Aiko and Senshi it was a slight bit more difficult because they had to climb under a fence and over the barn roof while looking out for guards - it was a quest that neither Fuka nor Almiria had the guts for and we're glad that Aiko had a fancy for danger.  After arriving at Takaki and Fuka's little house just outside the main city, they all sat in their cosy living room with a radio muffled in the background, while they listened to Aiko wittering on about anything and everything - the constant bombardment of questions was baffling to Takaki, who was the only person who could answer half of her questions about mobile suits and revolutions and Tekkandan and such like - Almiria knew that she would be having words with Senshi later. Eventually, though, Fuka took Aiko to bed and Senshi curled up in Takaki's bed for a nap and it left just Almiria and Takaki listening to the late night radio. 

"So, Almiria, what is it like being married to the master?" Takaki asked shyly, looking around.

"I've tried to leave him without a wife a few times." She replied, causing Takaki to stare at her shocked, Almiria nodded, "He stopped me the first time, injured himself in the process and I guess that's why he makes it up to me now." She sighed and Takaki moved across the sofa and put his arm around her, "No, it's ok. It's my own fault really." 

"You were young when you married though, well you were anyway." Almiria laughed, 

"I thought I was in love with him. Even though he killed my brother and doing what he did killed me." Almiria choked on the last words and put her head in her hands, Takaki pulled her closer, "I feel entirely responsible." She finally let out the tears that for this particular topic, she had been storing for years, "I'm so sorry, I'm such a mess," She managed to stutter through her tears. Takaki carefully took her hands in his own, 

"Almiria," He breathed effortlessly as if it was a word he had formed in his mind more times than he really should have, "Nothing that McGillis has done is your fault." he attentively put down one of her hands on his knee, placing the one it had previously been housed in under her chin so that she would look him in the eye, "You were just accidentally caught up in this mess, we all were. You can't blame yourself for something you couldn't change." An emotion flashed across her eyes, causing Takaki to soften his gaze and tone, "Something tells me you tried and paid for it." Almiria slightly nodded, "It's not right what he's doing. We will stop him, I promise." 

"You think we can?" Almiria asked softly, her eyes wide with anticipation, allowing Takaki to see why McGillis found it impossible to let her go, 

"I know we can." He replied. Almiria smiled, a proper smile that wasn't forced, it felt weird, and she laid down on the sofa, resting her head in Takaki's lap. Takaki moved his hand softly through her hair, the other, he curled around her shoulders softly.

"I believe you," Almiria whispered, snuggling closer to him and closing her eyes, knowing that the person watching her sleep tonight just wanted to have her close and keep her safe and didn't have an ulterior motive.