Prologue

The world was in need of a new girl group and Hollywood Records was looking to sign 5 new girls who would become a band once the show, Girl Band, was over. The producers of ABC were taking a chance making a spin off of the show Boy Band and they were hoping that the outcome would be worth the risk.

Ray O'Connor wasn't expecting to make a career out of music. With everyday came a new love of music for her, but a "stable" career was what had been expected of her. Ray was on the path to go to college and get her BS in nursing.

During ABCs US wide search for new talent they stumbled across a Tumblr blog. Most of the blog contained poems or lyrics but there were some recordings of different original songs. Producers spent weeks searching to find the owner of it and when they came up with the conclusion that Ray was the girl running the blog they got in contact with her quickly.

When Ray got an Email from one of the producers of Girl Band she was not sure if it was real. She only believed it was true when they set up a Skype audition. She had to have a song prepared to sing on Skype and if they liked what she had to offer they would fly her out to Los Angeles for another audition.

Getting on Skype that day Ray did not have super high expectations, besides she was only a girl from Salem, Massachusetts who ran a blog.

But once the call ended she realized just how important this summer would be for her.