Prologue

I started this story on Instagram but I got too lazy to complete it so hopefully Wattpad (as well as votes and comments, hint, hint) will motivate me to finish this story!

I hope you all will enjoy the first chapter, erm, prolouge and I'll have a satisfactory cover up soon!

Prolouge- George's POV

Ron abruptly stood up from the dinner table and grinned at everybody surrounding him. And by everybody, I mean, Mum, Dad, Hermione and I. Harry and Ginny were off on their honeymoon in Australia.

Anyway, Ron stood up and beckoned Hermione to follow him, looking quite embarrassed.

"Yes?" Hermione asked questioningly as she stood up next to him. She was a head shorter than Ron, but her frizzy hair made there be less of a height difference.

"Erm, do you want to go on a walk with me?" Ron gestured to the door and his ears turned bright red, as they always do when he's embarrassed.

Hermione smiled kindly, and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "I'd love to, Ronald," she took his hand and soon they had both walked out the door, which was my cue to follow them.

I quickly stood up and was about to sneak off after them when Mum sharply called my name, "George Weasley! What do you think you're doing?"

"I need some fresh air," I murmured, trying to hide the "Cheshire Cat smile" that was quickly spreading across my face.

"Fresh air, eh?" Mum asked as she stood up, putting her hands on her hips.

"Yes," I replied in the same stubborn tone that she had used with me. Shortly after I had pulled on a light jacket, I strode out the door before she could retort.

-------- -------- -------

I slowly crept behind Ron and Hermione, overjoyed that Mum hadn't followed me outside.

Suddenly, Ron came to a sudden stop, forcing me to duck into the bushes just a few feet away from the duo.

It was really awkward, actually. They weren't really saying anything, mostly just snogging as usual, but what was there to talk about anyway? After You-Know-Who's death, life had been pretty boring and straightforward.

Sooner than I expected, Ron broke away from their tight embrace, "Hermione, you're the love of my life," He said slowly, his ears turning as red as a tomato.

I grimaced and sighed, great, now I was doing to have to watch lovey dovey scene between the two lovebirds, which wasn't exactly how I had planned to spend my Saturday evening.

Yet, my negative thoughts were wrong and soon things got exciting when Ron knelt down on one knee, and Hermione gasped, her eyes shining.

But unfortunately, that was also when things went wrong. I was so shocked by the sudden turn in events that I lost my footing in the bush and tumbled right in front of Ron and Hermione!

I bit my lip and stood up, brushing the dirt off my jeans, "Er, hello?" I said with a nervous laugh, positive that Ron would hold a grudge on me for this for the rest of my life.

Ron glared at me and I wondered if it was possible to die from a glare, because if it was I'd be in ashes right now.

Thankfully, Hermione, who had actually started to have a sense of humor over the past year, giggled which broke the ice a bit, but I could see her staring longingly at the box that Ron was holding behind his back. I had no doubt in my mind that Ron was about to propose to her.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ron's voice thundered through my one ear, his voice rising at the same speed as the color of his ears.

"I was checking the bush for gnomes," I replied quickly. Yes, it was a lame excuse. But at least I sounded confident while saying it.

Hermione glanced at me suspiciously and narrowed her eyes, "But we emptied the bushes of gnomes yesterday! I was bitten by a particularly fat one, remember?"

I gulped. I had hoped that they would forget about that, but it appeared that they both had great memories. Just my luck. Ron stepped right in front of me and with a voice as cold as ice he said, "Go. Now."

I shrugged, "Yes Master Ron!" I replied in the squeaky high pitched tone that was used by house elves and with that, I sped off back to the house.

Once I got to the door, I clutched a stitch in my side and ran over to my parents, "M-m-mum.. D-dad.." I managed to say.

"What is it?" Dad asked, his forehead creased, revealing the wrinkles that appeared whenever he got worried.

"Ron's proposing to Hermione!" I blurted out. Just as the words left my mouth, Mum threw off her apron and ran to the clearing where Ron and Hermione's heads were just visible.

"My little Ronnie's going to have a wife!" She exclaimed happily as she ran, not bothering to care who heard her yells.

Soon enough, Mum, Dad and I were watching Ron get down on one knee. Mum and Dad stood next to me, and Mum gripped Dad's hand tightly.

"Hermione," Ron started, as if he was unsure of what to say, "There is no way I can express my love for you. But hopefully, this ring will do the job."

He knelt down, for the second time that evening, and held out a white box, that was tilted open, "Hermione Jean Granger, will you marry me?"

"Yes! A million times yes!" Hermione said, matching Ron's content tone, she took the ring and tears welled in her eyes as she saw what was engraved on it, "Swish and Flick," she read softly.

I slightly changed it from the version I had on Instagram to make it longer, but I hope you guys like it! :) Please vote for the story and comment what you thought of it! Thanks!