Chapter 22:

Chapter 22: Too Much is Not Even Enough Part Two

Let’s go back to Fred fainting and the first Potter being welcomed into the world.

“It’s a girl!” the Healer had cried, just as the baby began to wail.

The baby girl Potter got cleaned up and wrapped in a fuzzy pink blanket, then was given to her mother.

Hermione had rushed over to Ginny after levitating her fiancé into a chair. (He was slowly gaining consciousness.)

“She’s gorgeous,” Hermione said.

“And she’s so tiny,” Harry said.

“And she’s ours,” Ginny said, kissing her daughter’s little nose.

Molly and Arthur were absolutely beaming.

Fred, now fully conscious, asked, “What’s her name?”

Ginny handed the baby to Harry.

“Bryrony Marie Potter,” Harry answered.

Another contraction came, Harry gave Bryrony to Molly, and Hermione sat next to Fred.

Hermione slipped her hand into Fred’s.

He smiled sheepishly. “So you’re really going to marry me?”

“Yes, I’m really going to marry you. After all, I did ask you first. But now I know that I’ll be Mrs. Frederick Nevan Weasley.”

Hermione gently kissed Fred.

“You know, even though I agreed to marry you, I don’t think I’m going to want you in the delivery room when we have our first child. I’m not too keen on fainting husbands. Harry didn’t,” Hermione joked.

“Well, I’ll have a chair beside me, I’m sure,” Fred said smiling.

Their little fun was interrupted with another cry. Bryrony’s twin was born.

Fred and Hermione came over to Ginny’s bed.

“A little boy,” the Healer said, giving Ginny her son.

Molly was so happy. She handed Hermione Bryrony.

“And what’s this little man’s name?” Fred asked as Bryrony managed to clasp onto one of Fred’s fingers.

Ginny answered. “Evan Michael Potter.”

Hermione gave Bryrony to her amazed father. Evan was in his mother’s loving arms.

They were the cutest little family. It made Hermione want to get married right then.

If you looked at the cute little Potter family, you could see where Evan and Bryrony got their facial features.

Evan had Ginny’s nose and chocolate eyes, and tufts of raven coloured hair. You could’ve said that Evan was a replica of James Potter, his grandfather, but that would have been a lie.

Bryrony, despite her current lack of hair, was definitely going to be a redhead. Her cry, loud as it was, was a dead giveaway. She had a nose identical to Ginny and Evan, but her eyes were brilliantly green like her father’s. She looked like a mix of Ginny and Harry.

So yes, the little Potter family was adorable.

The rest of the Weasley family was admitted into the room and cooed over the newest editions. Bryrony and Evan were happily being passed around. That’s when Ginny got the chance to steal Hermione.

“Let me see the ring right now,” Ginny demanded.

“You actually managed to witness our proposal while giving birth?” Hermione asked, astounded.

“Well, of course I did; I’m Ginny. Now let me see the ring.”

It was simple but beautiful; a gold band with a reasonably sized diamond. Because of it’s simplicity, it was absolutely gorgeous and it suited Hermione perfectly.

“It’s beautiful Mione, just beautiful. And it’s completely you.”

“It is, isn’t it?” Hermione agreed, smiling.

Abruptly, George handed Hermione Evan as he took Bryrony.

“Hey there, Evan,” Hermione said tapping his tiny nose. Hermione lowered her voice to a whisper as she cradled little Evan. “You know, Ginny, I always expected to become a Weasley, but I honestly never imagined being Mrs. Fred Weasley.”

“Well, I suppose you never quite imagined getting engaged in a delivery room at St. Mungo’s either,” Ginny said.

Hermione laughed. “This is true. But I love that I did and that I am getting married to Fred. I love Fred, jus the way he is. If he had proposed to me in the fancy restaurant we were at, I would have that it wasn’t really Fred proposing. I’m so lucky to have him.”

“You are perfect for each other, as crazy as it seems to people who aren’t close to you,” Ginny said before yawning.

“By the way,” she continued, “ you look like a natural holding Evan.”

“It feels natural,” Hermione admitted.

“Well, as much as I love seeing my whole family here, telling em how adorable Bryrony and Evan are, the three of us most definitely need our sleep. Can you get rid of everyone for me?”

“Of course, what are best friends for?”

“That, obviously, and being godmother to her best friend’s son or daughter.”

Hermione gasped. “Are you serious?”

“Of course; Harry and I had discussed this when we got pregnant. It was unanimous; you and Ron and whoever your significant others were get the job. Do you want Evan or Bryrony?”

“How am I supposed to choose?”

“I don’t know. I like eenie-meanie-minie-mo personally,” Ginny said, almost being completely serious.

Hermione looked appalled.

“Oh, alright, I’ll choose for you. You get Bryrony since you’re a girl. And it makes it even better since you share a birthday. Happy birthday!”

“You did remember!”

“Of course, just because the Healers gave me fifty different potions for the pain doesn’t mean that I would forget my best friend’s birthday.”

Hermione hugged Ginny with one arm, since Evan was in her other arm.

“Being a godmother to Bryrony is probably the best birthday present ever. And you should know that you’re my matron of honour.”

“Of course I am, birthday girl. Now make everyone leave,” Ginny said taking Evan from Hermione’s outstretched arms.

And so Hermione got rid of all the Weasleys and went home with Fred where they partook in adult games as an engaged couple.